The adoption of DAX is slowly growing and we can see that from comments to article, blog posts, web site traffic (including DAX Formatter usage). For this reason, the demand for more advanced training about DAX is also increasing. We had great feedback from our last white papers (Using Tabular Models in a Large-scale Commercial Solution and SSAS Tabular as Analytical Engine) and we see that this reflect in a broader adoption. For this reason, also the demand for more advanced DAX content is growing, and we planned a number of courses in the next future.
I and Alberto Ferrari will travel a lot in the upcoming months to deliver many Advanced DAX workshops, but we still have some more introductive training coming soon.
This is the list of upcoming Advanced DAX Workshop (only in Europe by now, hopefully US coming next…):
- Utrecht, The Netherlands (October 22-24, 2014 – Marco Russo)
- Munich, Germany (November 24-25, 2014 – Marco Russo)
- Warsaw, Poland (November 25-27, 2014 – Alberto Ferrari)
- Copenhagen, Denmark (December 2-4, 2014 – Alberto Ferrari)
- Oslo, Norway (December 3-5, 2014 – Marco Russo)
- Stockholm, Sweden (December 8-10, 2014 – Marco Russo)
We will have two pre-conferences at PASS Summit (3-4 November, 2014 – Seattle, WA):
- Data Modeling in SSAS Tabular (Marco Russo, Monday, November 3, 2014)
- From 0 to DAX (Alberto Ferrari, Tuesday, November 4, 2014)
If you want to learn SSAS Tabular starting from scratch, you have these other options to attend the SSAS Tabular Workshop:
- Online (October 22-24, 2014) – optimized for US time zones
- Zurich, Switzerland (November 17-19, 2014 – Alberto Ferrari)
We are also working on other content for the next months, and remember that we can deliver onsite training if your team is too large and/or too far from one of the public classroom sites. I look forward to see new things announced in the next weeks/months, and I am pretty sure DAX will grow its popularity (despite the lack of a good editor!).