This page contains the terms and conditions of the services provided by SQLBI.
The registration fee includes:
- 3-day live course
- Coffee breaks and lunch for all 3 days
- A copy of the book that goes with the course – paperback or eBook.
For people choosing Paperback, a physical copy of the book will be made available to the student in the classroom. If not possible, a copy will be delivered to their billing address. If you want your copy sent to a different place, please notify us in the Order Notes field. If you choose eBook, a digital copy of the book will be sent to the email address provided for the student.
A single copy of every book is provided to students purchasing a bundle of multiple courses based on the same book.
All classroom courses are delivered in English. The books are written in English.
Substitution and cancellation policy
For classroom courses, cancellation requests must be submitted in writing. All cancellation requests received by SQLBI at least 15 days before the beginning of the classroom course are entitled to a refund, minus a processing fee – please inquire by email at email@example.com for exact amount. No refunds will be given to registrants who cancel less than 15 days before the beginning of the course, or who fail to attend the course.
Substitutions for paid registrants may be made only with another attendee approved by SQLBI. Written notice is required and for complete accuracy it must include all pertinent changes for the substituting attendee.
Substitutions are not allowed:
- Halfway through the classroom course: Registrations are made for the entire duration of the classroom course.
- If part of a bundle purchase.
In the rare event that SQLBI must cancel a course, a full refund will be given to all paid registrants. SQLBI will not refund any other amount paid by registrants to other companies, including and not limited to travel expenses and hotel reservations.
In 2020, Black Friday and Cyber Monday discounts are only available on purchases cleared by Dec 4, 2020. Orders entered for wire transfers that have not cleared by December 4, 2020 will be cancelled after that date.
The registration fee for a video course includes:
- Personal access to the video course(s)
- 36 months of access to the video course(s) on desktop and mobile browsers
The fee for the purchase of an extension covers your access for the number of months purchased.
The video lectures of the course are hosted by SQLBI on Vimeo.com – if you are in a country that blocks access to Vimeo, you will need a VPN to access all the content.
The video courses are delivered in English. Hand-written subtitles are available in English. Automatic subtitle translations are available in a variety of languages, please refer to the product page for details.
Video courses can be refunded within 15 days from the purchase date and if less than 30% of the course was watched. Extensions are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Assignment of licenses
Transferable licenses are assigned by the license manager, only to students with the same email domain. External consultants are asked to manage their own training needs.
Untransferable licenses can be assigned freely, only once by definition.
The registration fee for the video lectures includes:
- Personal access to the video lecture(s)
- 36 months of access to the video lecture(s) on desktop and mobile browsers
The video lectures are hosted by SQLBI on Vimeo.com – if you are in a country that blocks access to Vimeo, you will need a VPN to access all the content.
The video courses are delivered in English. Hand-written subtitles are available in English.
This service strives to address troubleshooting and specific design/formulas/performance issues.
- You can purchase individual hours, or packages of prepaid hours that can be used within 2 years after purchase; most customers purchase the 20-hour package and use it up in under a year.
- You may use this time for both online and offline assistance.
- The minimum time for a conference call is 1 hour, and 30 min for offline assistance (e.g. by email). The time used is rounded to 30 minutes.
- We usually schedule conference calls 2 weeks in advance – earlier availability is possible but not guaranteed.
- We cannot guarantee more than 4 hours in a month – exceptions possible but not guaranteed
Please note we do not provide full outsourcing to create complete projects/solutions. Our goal for consulting is to transfer knowledge to a development team while working on practical problems.
Payment and Payment security
We do not collect any payment information (such as credit card information) on our servers.
We are PCI compliant.
Credit Card payments are made through Stripe services.
PayPal payments are made through PayPal.com.
Wire Transfers will be validated by our system after receiving the funds on our bank account. Access to video courses is released upon reception of the funds.
For purchases made during time-limited offers such as Black Friday or Cyber Monday, the funds must be sent to SQLBI before the expiry of our promotional offer – whether by Credit Card or Wire Transfer. Payment terms that postpone the payment to a date later than the expiry of our offer will effectively void the order.
Last update: Jun 19, 2020