It is available the new edition of the advanced OLAP book, now called “Expert Cube Development with SSAS Multidimensional Models”. The previous edition was titled “Expert Cube Development with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services” and the biggest issue of the book was… the title! In fact, there haven’t been major changes in Multidimensional since that release, despite there has been 3 new releases of SQL Server (2008 R2, 2012 and 2014). For this reason we removed the version of the product from the title. In terms of content, don’t expect any particular change. We only added a small appendix about support for DAX queries, available with Analysis Services 2012 SP1 CU4 and later versions.
I would like to highlight that, as Chris said:
- If you already have the first edition, probably you’re not interested because you will not find new content here (just bug fixes and new screenshots)
- The book is about SSAS Multidimensional models, if you are interested to Tabular we have another excellent book on that topic!
- This is an advanced book, if you are a beginner with Multidimensional, wait to be more proficient before starting this book. The few negative reviews we received were from readers who tried to use this book to learn Multidimensional or as a step-by-step guide. We’d like to set the right expectations, avoiding you buy a book you don’t need.
If you want to buy it, here are a few useful links:
- Amazon.com: paperback – kindle
- Amazon.ca: paperback – kindle
- Amazon.co.uk: paperback – kindle
- Amazon.de: paperback – kindle
- Amazon.es: paperback – kindle
- Amazon.fr: paperback – kindle
- Amazon.it: paperback – kindle
Have a good reading!