Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Salvatore Gentile (Mar 12, 2021)
Very good course, and the explanation is very easy to understand
- Joanne Osborne (Mar 11, 2021)
It was a great introduction in beginning to Learn DAX. Thank you. I have purchased Mastering DAX and can't wait to get started.
- Bhadar Shahi (Mar 10, 2021)
This course was beneficial as it gave me more in depth knowledge of how DAX works in Power BI. Thank You Guys! :)
- Sue Pearson (Mar 8, 2021)
Great course with good examples provided
- Manideep Telukuntla (Mar 8, 2021)
I think this course is really good but it would be great if you can add some QUIZ questions in between the videos.
- nelson tanyi (Mar 8, 2021)
This is a masterpiece.
- Sushma n (Mar 8, 2021)
Very good videos. Really helpful. Thank you..
- Alexandre Brandão (Mar 7, 2021)
Great content! Thanks!
- Bjarne Mathiasen (Mar 7, 2021)
Great Introduction to DAX for a Power BI novice!
- Shaik Soofi (Mar 3, 2021)
It's an awesome Course which introduce us the DAX LANGUAGE in a precise manner.
- Tung Nguyen (Mar 2, 2021)
I love it. Portable and to the point.
- Alain Rodriguez (Mar 2, 2021)
I've never figured out that Power BI has so many "hidden" features that could be accesible thru DAX. The course, even as an introductory one, has been remarkable for me! Congratulations!
- OLIVIER COHEN SELMOUN (Feb 28, 2021)
This course is very well designed. Everything is clear! Thank you
- Bhavin Patel (Feb 28, 2021)
Overall, this course provides a solid understanding of DAX language including key concepts like Cardinality, Filter Flow, Evaluation Context etc. Having some prior knowledge is useful and recommended.
- RODRIGO DIAS (Feb 27, 2021)
Excelente o treino. Não é por acaso que são as referências mundiais.