Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Victor Sun (Dec 10, 2020)
thanks a lot.
- Celio Nascimento (Dec 8, 2020)
It´s very good course.
- Fernando Reyna (Dec 6, 2020)
DAX is greatly explained. I guess I built solid foundations on the language
- Muhammad Imran (Dec 4, 2020)
It was a wonderful experience particularly the explanation of row and filter context. I am working in Power BI but I never understand it better than now. Thanks for creating such a wonderful program.
- Santhoshi Mullapudi (Dec 2, 2020)
- FLAVIA NEVES (Nov 28, 2020)
Very good course. I recommend it. Very clear and simple explanations.
- Andre Hilliges (Nov 27, 2020)
Thank YOU!!! As a stand-alone introduction or a companion to your excellent definitive guide to DAX, I highly recommend this course to all.
- John Barbery (Nov 22, 2020)
I really like this course, very clear, good timing and excellent content. Not sure about the interaction between 2 instructors, I think 1 would be enough. I am very happy with this knowledge. Thank you vm.
- Bolaji Olatunde (Nov 20, 2020)
Excellent Introduction to DAX.
- Jerilyn Loria (Nov 18, 2020)
I truly enjoyed this course. Thank you for covering the basics in an easily digestible way. Well done.
- DONEYLA Y. DUQUE MEDINA (Nov 16, 2020)
EXCELLENT! Me ha gustado mucho. Sugerencia:The last part for Time Intelligence, I have a litle confuse with the calculate and functions time intelligence; it's posible that I need practice more and more!! ;-)
- Kevin Dmonte (Nov 14, 2020)
very good and nicely outlined introductory course. Good to see the theory covered around evaluation contexts, context types, importance of calculate etc.
- Carlos Portugal (Nov 12, 2020)
Very good course, with a lot of information. Thanks!
- Chaitali Deshmukh (Nov 12, 2020)
The one who really want to learn basic DAX code. Please do it. It is amazing course.
- JESUS ALFREDO MUJICA (Nov 10, 2020)
Great start course