Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Robert Renard (Jul 4, 2022)
Very good overview.
- Mohit (Jun 30, 2022)
- Shree Prakash Ramachandran (Jun 10, 2022)
- Anurag tikku (May 5, 2022)
Nice and Informative.
- Rehan Ahmed Shaikh (Apr 25, 2022)
This course is very helpful to understand the basics of DAX table and other functions. Team explained very well. Thanks,
- Vahan Ghazaryan (Feb 10, 2022)
Great course, thank you! One note for presentors, by standing in front of the presentation, we miss a lot of the text explaining the different subjects.
- Nacereddine Itim (Jan 23, 2022)
very good course
- Stefán Sigmundsson (Jan 14, 2022)
Very nice introduction course
- MANISH MADDESHIYA (Jan 13, 2022)
- abdelouahab NAIT ABDELLA (Dec 31, 2021)
thank you for this formidable cours .
- Paul Johnson (Dec 16, 2021)
I feel better prepared to deal with Dax, the explanation of contexts really helped me to understand some of the issues that I have encountered.
- Milind Vaidya (Nov 26, 2021)
All Good to learn.
- Brian Donley (Nov 4, 2021)
Very well done and an excellent introduction to DAX ! The gears in my head are already rapidly turning on how this will help my Power BI work immensely. Yet, this is clearly a basic introduction, and I'm really looking forward to getting into the Mastering DAX course. One comment - Some of the interaction between Alberto & the person "driving" the computer screen was a bit jarring. Smoother interaction would not have been as distracting and breaking concentration on the content at hand. Regardless, thank you very much for the course.
- Trevor Ryhorchuk (Oct 17, 2021)
Thank you for the introduction to DAX. Although I feel like I still don’t quite understand the various “context” perspectives, with a little hands on application of the information you’ve provided, I expect it will ‘click’ soon enough!
- Mihir Modi (Oct 15, 2021)
The course is really good. I understand the basic fundamental of power Bi and as well as some data visualization with Dax language and variable, functions and many more things I learned from this. Thank you.