Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Shaik Soofi (Mar 3, 2021)
It's an awesome Course which introduce us the DAX LANGUAGE in a precise manner.
- Tung Nguyen (Mar 2, 2021)
I love it. Portable and to the point.
- Alain Rodriguez (Mar 2, 2021)
I've never figured out that Power BI has so many "hidden" features that could be accesible thru DAX. The course, even as an introductory one, has been remarkable for me! Congratulations!
- OLIVIER COHEN SELMOUN (Feb 28, 2021)
This course is very well designed. Everything is clear! Thank you
- RODRIGO DIAS (Feb 27, 2021)
Excelente o treino. Não é por acaso que são as referências mundiais.
- Maria Katsanevas (Feb 24, 2021)
- Viera Mlynarcikova (Feb 23, 2021)
very complete, useful, understandable, I will recommend it to everyone who wants to develop Power BI reports - it is just an absolute necessity, Big THANK YOU!
- adil lasmar (Feb 23, 2021)
- Erica Wehrmeyer (Feb 21, 2021)
Such great content here to explain the basics of DAX. Thanks Alberto and Marco!
- Ajeet Singh (Feb 21, 2021)
Superb and very useful content ... thanks a lot
- Ankit Khanna (Feb 19, 2021)
The Intro to DAX by DAX Gurus is the best learning exercise for beginner like me. Will enrol into the complete course and practise DAX. Thanks Alberto & Marco.
- Bill McClure (Feb 19, 2021)
- MARIA GABRIELA ROJAS ROJAS (Feb 19, 2021)
- Ann-Sofie Grundahl (Feb 18, 2021)
Nice introduction, thank you! The course is a good way to get the DAX introduced, because since there is so much, it is difficult to figure where to start. But at this course, you are slowly led through different parts of DAX, and the explanations along the way are very pedagogical. For example, the fact that there is so much emphasis on understanding the "formulas" is really good, as it is crucial for further work with DAX.
- Andie Hernandez (Feb 17, 2021)
Fantastic course. The examples that Alberto and Marco present are easy to follow along either in the sample file or in your own model/report to see the functions come to life in your own data. The course interface is well-designed, easy to follow, and encouraging. Thanks!