This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- richardt rieper (Apr 8, 2020)
- Collin Tsui (Apr 7, 2020)
Fantastic course! Thank you!
- SANAA SAYOUTY (Apr 5, 2020)
- ANTONIO LIBARDO NETO (Apr 3, 2020)
A very good introductory course.
- Ahmet Kochan (Apr 2, 2020)
- pippo vuoto (Mar 28, 2020)
this is the best course of introducing dax language. top quality
- Cristian Cheij (Mar 27, 2020)
Exellent introduction to this fascinating world of DAX, looking foward to continue the path
- Bruno Buggiani (Mar 24, 2020)
Clearly a very well done introduction to DAX going far beyond the syntax i.e. to the concepts... This introduction is for you if you already noticed that DAX is "simple but not easy" and you believe that "writing something is not enough, you need to understand how it works"
- Nilesh Learner (Mar 24, 2020)
Thank you Alberto and Marco. You guys are simply awesome. This course is a "must" for anyone who plans to use DAX. The presentation is smooth, examples are relevant and the slides are clear.
- Carlos Barboza (Mar 22, 2020)
A tour de force in introducing the magic of the DAX language for Power Pivot in Excel or Power BI. Highly recommended if you want to game with Power BI go to the next level. Cheers from Lima, Perú.
- brandon mcinnis (Mar 20, 2020)
Excellent primer. The proper use of calculate is tough for me to understand, but I'll continue trying!
- John Vorster (Mar 20, 2020)
Excellent introduction presented in a way that is easy to digest!
- Iliya Nedelev (Mar 19, 2020)
- Iliya Nedelev (Mar 19, 2020)
10x a lot. You are great ;)
- Leal Permalino (Mar 17, 2020)
Content was really good.. thank you