Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- mohsen abdelbaset (Nov 27, 2022)
thanks Mr Marco Russo and Mr Alberto Ferrari. that is great free course just time And I'll subscribed in mastering dax course .
- Dave Lim (Nov 24, 2022)
The free courses provide a fantastic introduction to Power BI and DAX!
- Alejandro Arellano García (Nov 21, 2022)
Excellent couse, encourage to want to learn more about DAX
- Nikhil Margam (Nov 18, 2022)
it's an awsome course.
- Sanoj mohanan (Nov 18, 2022)
Thank so much sqlbi and its just like starting a treasure hunt. Nice content and the presentation.
- Washington Ribeiro (Nov 15, 2022)
It was amazing. Thank you so much.
- Karthik Kathiresan (Nov 14, 2022)
- Asif Dawood (Nov 14, 2022)
Very clearly explained the important and frequently used DAX functions alongwith the theory part and the practical applications
- Prabhakar Ravi (Nov 14, 2022)
- TUNDE AIFUWA (Nov 13, 2022)
Excellent. Thank you so much. I am grateful
- Vaibhav Rawat (Nov 12, 2022)
excellent for beginners
- attaur rahman (Nov 10, 2022)
- Casper Lüdeking (Nov 8, 2022)
- Gustav Dreyer (Nov 7, 2022)
I loved this course.
- ARVIND GOWDA (Nov 5, 2022)
The course is really awesome