This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- David Donayo (Jan 17, 2020)
- Dwayne Coker (Jan 12, 2020)
Superb course. Concepts clearly explained with good practical examples to explicitly demonstrate the concepts. I'm keen buy their 2nd DAX book and seriously consider the Mastering DAX video course, when I need to up skill.
- Raymundo Cabato (Jan 10, 2020)
This is AMAZING!!!
- Swapnila Mundra (Jan 10, 2020)
Only an expert can teach complex subjects with clear precision. Very Happy with the demos and explanation way.
- Linda Sharpe (Jan 9, 2020)
Excellent, and really enjoyable to watch
- Imre Erdelyi (Jan 8, 2020)
I really enjoyed it and provided me the necessary structure and way of thinking about DAX language.
- Wilmar Ferreira da Silva Junior (Jan 8, 2020)
Great course!! Congrats! Very very useful to start in this language.
- Maurizio Faini (Jan 7, 2020)
This is the best Video Course to learning DAX, for me. It explains the main things you need to know to start using language. Thanks to a series of examples, even what is not easy, such the transition context, is made simple and immediate. Good job.
- Adeyemi Ladejobi (Jan 7, 2020)
Very explanatory !!!
- cesare gibilaro (Jan 4, 2020)
Excellent, very clear and easy to follow! Great thanks
- patricia plotkin (Jan 2, 2020)
- Rudy (Jayaratnam) Ruthirakumar (Jan 2, 2020)
Excellent introduction of DAX . No one can teach this beautiful functional language like you. Thanks Alberto. I would like to pursue the next level course.
- patricia plotkin (Dec 28, 2019)
Excellent video !
- Edgars Francis (Dec 28, 2019)
- claudio cabaleyro (Dec 27, 2019)
Nicely conducted, a lot learnt, a lot to think about! Thank you!