Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Yousef A (Apr 2, 2021)
Excellent Insight, I would recommend it to every one as a free course. Thank you guys !!
- Carlos Frederico Coelho Lisboa (Mar 31, 2021)
Pretty good. Thank you!!! I learned so much!
- Tyree Smith (Mar 31, 2021)
Very interesting intruduction. Already learned something here. Going to do, the full Master Course on Dax now :)
- Bartlomiej Zdunczyk (Mar 30, 2021)
I liked it very much, thanks for creating and sharing this course! I appreciate that "theoretical" part about context in particular. It was very useful for me and I think I will come back to these videos in the nearest future. To be honest, sometimes that idea of adding "dialogues" (with Alberto from behind the scene) was a bit annoying, but it's a matter of individual taste, so no complains here, haha :)
- KIRAN RAMASAMY (Mar 30, 2021)
Your teaching was so great. Simple and easy to learn examples. Thanks for providing these courses free.
- Andrea Sawyers (Mar 28, 2021)
This is a great way to jump in the world of DAX and be able to understand errors to then troubleshoot
- David-Emmanuel Baril (Mar 25, 2021)
Best intro course on DAX!
- Rohit Owhal (Mar 24, 2021)
THERE IS NO COMPARISON OF BOTH OF YOU IN TERMS OF KNOWLEDGE ! HATS OFF TO YOU
- Aishwarya Panchal (Mar 24, 2021)
This is course is awesome, the DAX language is explained in very easy manner for a begginer.
- Alberto Ippolito (Mar 22, 2021)
- Rick Wegmann (Mar 19, 2021)
Excellent, as always! Thank you!
- George Klucsarits (Mar 18, 2021)
Very good introduction. Clarified some concepts from the book, especially around filter and row context. Looking forward to the next course!
- MARCOS LUIZ LINS FILHO (Mar 15, 2021)
Very good course. Congratulations
- Salvatore Gentile (Mar 12, 2021)
Very good course, and the explanation is very easy to understand
- Joanne Osborne (Mar 11, 2021)
It was a great introduction in beginning to Learn DAX. Thank you. I have purchased Mastering DAX and can't wait to get started.