This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- adil atique (May 15, 2020)
great intro into DAX
- Chieh-Yi Chou (May 15, 2020)
Glad that I found this tutorial from a Microsoft blog. It covers the fundamentals of DAX for me to prepare the MSCA BI Reporting exams.
- Oscar Carazo (May 15, 2020)
Incredible introducing course. It's usefull even to people who have been working with DAX for sometime. Thanks
- jody neal (May 14, 2020)
I've been using DAX for a bit now and doing things just beacuse it worked but not really understanding why. This course helped with the why and allowed me to simplify my DAX formulas and save a bunch of file space. Thank you.
- Niraj Baraili (May 14, 2020)
- Julianna Weldon (May 13, 2020)
Really good subtitles throughout all the video lectures!
- Steven M Gay (May 13, 2020)
great overview and very professionally done!
- Gilberto Gomes de Sales (May 12, 2020)
- Daniel Jesus Hernández Ballena (May 9, 2020)
- M Reddy Prasad (May 5, 2020)
very good explanation about DAX expressions and Thank you for your support.
- Nicolas Tavella (May 4, 2020)
Great, Learning training, Finally, I understood Dax,
- Shigeru Masukawa (May 3, 2020)
Thanks! Great course!
- Pranjali Jain (May 2, 2020)
Excellent Stuff, just loved it
- Sumit Malik (May 1, 2020)
- Jorge Rosero Castillo (Apr 30, 2020)
GRACIAS POR SUS ENSEÑANZAS Y POR COMPARTIR SUS CONOCIMIENTOS LOS CURSOS SON MUY CAROS PARA NUESTRO MEDIO