Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Domenico Luppino (Dec 4, 2022)
Very interesting starting point to enter the Dax world. Thank you very much
- Shuja Shakir (Dec 4, 2022)
Thank you guys for a wonderful DAX walkthrough. It was so very amazing and more importantly, so easy explanation of some of the complex DAX functions. Learning with you was fun.
- Javier Sotelo (Dec 4, 2022)
- Kabiri Bule (Nov 30, 2022)
Excellent course! Definitely need a lot of practice with DAX!
- Gary Edgington (Nov 28, 2022)
What I needed was DAX theory and this is what I got! Very happy and will be going through this course again to nail these important topics.
- Azra Granlund (Nov 28, 2022)
Hi, I have never worked with Dax before, however I have programmed in QikSense both back end and front end and recognize myself in the programming mindset even if it is a bit more complicated than set analysis in sense is, so you introduce me to this new programming language in a fantastic way, you are very educational and I'm so glad I bought the course for myself as an early Christmas present, I'm really looking forward to the next 8 courses included in my package :D THANK YOU
- T Se (Nov 28, 2022)
Great and easy to follow overview
- mohsen abdelbaset (Nov 27, 2022)
thanks Mr Marco Russo and Mr Alberto Ferrari. that is great free course just time And I'll subscribed in mastering dax course .
- Emmanuel Nwashili (Nov 27, 2022)
The best indepth teaching on DAX I ahve come upon online. Thank you so much.
- Dave Lim (Nov 24, 2022)
The free courses provide a fantastic introduction to Power BI and DAX!
- Abdul Basit (Nov 22, 2022)
- Alejandro Arellano García (Nov 21, 2022)
Excellent couse, encourage to want to learn more about DAX
- Nikhil Margam (Nov 18, 2022)
it's an awsome course.
- Sanoj mohanan (Nov 18, 2022)
Thank so much sqlbi and its just like starting a treasure hunt. Nice content and the presentation.
- Washington Ribeiro (Nov 15, 2022)
It was amazing. Thank you so much.