Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Khanchana Makkapawee (Apr 14, 2021)
Thank you very much for this course.
- Geraldo Toledo (Apr 14, 2021)
A great course to starters but also great for intermediate levels as it is full of important details that are usually overlooked but that makes this content so rich! Congrats!
- Fred Dominguez (Apr 13, 2021)
Great overview. Now I need to put DAX into practice.
- Ted Higgins (Apr 12, 2021)
Excellent, excellent stuff.
- Praveen Koirala (Apr 12, 2021)
I've always admired the way you educate and assist others in learning in a simple manner. One of the best free DAX introduction courses available. Keep up the excellent job.
- Christian Salas (Apr 12, 2021)
Indeed, Dax is simple but not easy. Excited to apply this to my reports. Thank you!
- Vladimir Kopitic (Apr 12, 2021)
Great job, thanks!
- Kashif Nawaz (Apr 11, 2021)
Great course and your explaining method is awesome. i must say i have learned quite things via this series.
- Miguel Cramer (Apr 10, 2021)
Excellent explanations! I especially enjoyed the odd, implied comparisons with T-SQL that made it easier for me to catch concepts and mechanics of DAX
- Sergio Barilari Marques (Apr 9, 2021)
thank you so much for making this incredible introduction to DAX available for free. It helped me a lot to understand the filter and line contexts. Congratulations for the initiative!!! This kind of attitude helps a lot to strengthen the DAX community.
- Deepak Vaja (Apr 8, 2021)
Very informative for beginners to understand the concept of DAX
- Regina Baldwin (Apr 7, 2021)
Great introduction to DAX
- Rishi Kataria (Apr 7, 2021)
The concepts were explained in a simple language and were taught to the point. Thanks for such a great course. I want to buy the Mastering DAX course, but it's too costly for people in a country like India. I would really appreciate if something is done in resolving this. Thanks again for such a great course.
- Hugo Wolzak (Apr 4, 2021)
Thanks for the great course;-)
- Tomás Coleto Mozos (Apr 3, 2021)
Muy recomendable introducción a DAX y perder el miedo.