Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Marco Spinnicchia (Sep 21, 2023)
Brief explanations and good quality examples.
- Kyle Branton (Sep 20, 2023)
Great tutorial and guidance!
- Kris McConnochie (Sep 20, 2023)
Very informative presentation with many useful slides and demo's into everything being said. Easy to understand and pushes me to want to learn more about DAX.
- Jorge Sanchez (Sep 20, 2023)
Fantastic. Sincerely grateful.
- Bryon T Smedley (Sep 12, 2023)
Great job!!!! Loved it. Moving on to the full course!!!!
- István Papp (Sep 8, 2023)
I speak English only intermadiate level, but I understood everthing. That's the teaching!
- Martín Alfonso Villarreyes Estrada (Sep 7, 2023)
Grandioso, deseo seguir toda la masterización!
- Ali Nemati (Sep 5, 2023)
Thank you very much, it was very useful.
- alishkumar manvar (Sep 4, 2023)
You are charging high for Master and Optimizing DAX
- Mahsati Zamanova (Aug 31, 2023)
Learned a lot, thank you for offering this course for free!
- Alberto Marchesi (Aug 30, 2023)
Very well shown and taught. Are a perfect rhythm of speaking and the use of slides and monitor. Linear development of course and very good balance and alternance between theory and practice; the same it’s between first explanations and useful insights. All together has made the video course really understandable and engaging.
- Josué Castro Alfaro (Aug 26, 2023)
- Curtis Kidd (Aug 23, 2023)
Great course, thank you for providing a great resource at no cost.
- Pullela Harish Chowdary (Aug 21, 2023)
- Nyan Htun (Aug 19, 2023)
thanks you so much , for shearing DAX Course totaily free