This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Sandeep Singh (Feb 19, 2020)
Just Awesome.. Been learning POWER BI since couple of years, still it surprised me with the details covered.
- chems ZAIDI (Feb 18, 2020)
Verry usful. I hope i'll be abel to do the other courses and see you both very soon
- Hypatia Rojas (Feb 17, 2020)
- Liliana Gmerek (Feb 17, 2020)
fantastic course! Number one for everyone who starts with DAX
- Paolo Rizzo (Feb 16, 2020)
Interesting and didactic. Love to learn more!
- Vladan Pantelic (Feb 16, 2020)
Thank you, Marco and Alberto, this is fantastic. I am looking forward to continuing learning with the SQLBI team. You are such phenomenal instructors.
- Travis Cobb (Feb 14, 2020)
Fantastic presentation that assisted me with getting into the proper mindset of how DAX interacts with the data. Thinking in this manner really enlighten my current knowledge and took me to the next step.
- Lakmal Fonseka (Feb 14, 2020)
Excellent course. Learned the Evaluation context and Context Transition in more detailed manner.
- Zine Eddine ATIK (Feb 13, 2020)
Thank you so much for your methodology and explanation ! An Introduction course conducted like a deep dive one ! The power of simplicity !
- wenceslao (Feb 7, 2020)
I think they way he explain every item is really good trying to not used complex vocabulary.
- manoj ahuja (Feb 6, 2020)
- Mark Wheeler (Feb 2, 2020)
Great course! Only issue I didn't understand how to bring up discussion component and interact with assignments.
- Myung Chul LEE (Feb 1, 2020)
Thank you for your kind teaching. DAX is for me so amazing powerful language. I am not a technical engineer. As a Financial Manager, I want to learn more about this language to analyze Financial Company Big Date.
- David Donayo (Jan 17, 2020)
- Dwayne Coker (Jan 12, 2020)
Superb course. Concepts clearly explained with good practical examples to explicitly demonstrate the concepts. I'm keen buy their 2nd DAX book and seriously consider the Mastering DAX video course, when I need to up skill.