Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Nacereddine Itim (Jan 23, 2022)
very good course
- Eliezer Castilblanco (Jan 21, 2022)
Excelente curso de introduccion por partes de dos reconocidos profesionales del mundo de la inteligencia de Negocios. Mi aventura por este tema comenzo desde su libros, desde donde mi inspiraron a conocer mas.
- Shweta Singh (Jan 18, 2022)
- Divya Kancharla (Jan 17, 2022)
- Stefán Sigmundsson (Jan 14, 2022)
Very nice introduction course
- MANISH MADDESHIYA (Jan 13, 2022)
- Evgeni Radilov (Jan 13, 2022)
Awesome course. Very fluent, concise and content-rich training with many examples. I watched the course two times and still catch a ton of additional pieces of information. The bad news is that it requires a lot of comprehension effort and time to understand DAX, especially for a person without a coding or even a BI background. The good news is that DAX slowly begins to make more sense.
- vishal nasre (Jan 8, 2022)
Thanks for all your contribution towards's Power BI communities. This was a really helpful course in terms of clearing basic concepts. Thanks again 👏👏
- Arend Dik (Jan 8, 2022)
It has helped me to get an idea of the possibilities of DAX. Thanks for this online course!
- Himanshu Jain (Jan 7, 2022)
A very good video course to start Journey with DAX.Tusen Tak.
- Marco Gozzetti (Jan 7, 2022)
Awesome trainers, excellent content
- Ephraim Augusto (Jan 2, 2022)
Excelente curto introdutório.
- abdelouahab NAIT ABDELLA (Dec 31, 2021)
thank you for this formidable cours .
- Amit Sangwan (Dec 30, 2021)
It is a very helpful course to understand basics of DAX and helps us in using PowerBI in better way to create good reports from correctly calculated data.
- Achraf Akhlifa (Dec 29, 2021)
Hello from Morocco, Thanks a lot guys for all the explanations and for demystifying and simplifying DAX most complex paradigms for me. Looking forward to apply the skills I just learnt and to continue my learning journey with your next course.