This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Santeri Virtanen (Jul 3, 2020)
Absolutely brilliant! Nothing beats to learn from the best.
- Akila Shashith (Jul 1, 2020)
Thanks for the amazing course. Laid good foundation for further learn DAX.
- Christopher Moore (Jun 29, 2020)
Great course! I've used other courses that I purchased on Udemy. They were very useful, and I learned a lot - but they went straight into DAX formulas without much theory. The background in theory on this course is fantastic, and really helps to understand what formulas to use, and why and how they work! Thank you!
- Srinidhi V (Jun 29, 2020)
- Kevin Diu (Jun 28, 2020)
Highly informative with great examples and explanations; would highly recommend to anyone who is just starting to learn about DAX.
- jhampier tapia (Jun 28, 2020)
- Emin Maharramli (Jun 26, 2020)
This is incredible for me.Thank's
- Irshad Kuttoor Illam (Jun 25, 2020)
Loved it. Incredibly Good!!
- Vishal Jha (Jun 24, 2020)
- Qadir Bux Munir (Jun 22, 2020)
Good start in DAX
- Gulherme P Cuani (Jun 21, 2020)
Great course, very clear content! Would be even better if you guys didn't fight to talk over the other.
- Paul Brown (Jun 19, 2020)
Great introduction to the DAX language.
- Lucas Dias (Jun 14, 2020)
Incredible course! Thank you for creating this material!
- Sahil Hoogan (Jun 14, 2020)
Course is well outlined and very well explained. Thanks Alberto.
- Sam Crowson (Jun 13, 2020)
Great introduction course to the DAX language. I've been writing DAX for the past 12 months within Power BI and Power Pivot, still managed to pick up some great tips. Look forward to working through the 'Mastering DAX' course