Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- WANDREISON GARCIA SOARES (Sep 16, 2021)
Curso ótimo. Conteúdo de alto nível. Os professores demonstram dominante conhecimentos e os passam muito bem. Gostei da didática, da metodologia de conversação, enquanto ensinam, gostei também dos recursos para entregar os conteúdos: plataforma de acesso, materiais de apoio, etc. Desejo que perdure o sucesso deste trabalho.
- Paula Tamaki (Sep 15, 2021)
Amazing! Already have 2 of your books, may sign up for a course. Thank you!
- James Barnes (Sep 14, 2021)
I just wanted a refresher since I hadn't used DAX in a while, and wow, did I learn a lot. Much more than syntax about specific functions, this course teaches you how DAX is working and how to think about it. Bravo!
- Moisés Gomes do Nascimento (Sep 12, 2021)
Is very good course!!
- Pablo González (Sep 11, 2021)
- Antonio Gutierrez (Sep 10, 2021)
Excellent, I get to understand a lot of facts that appeared to be mysterious to me, thanks.
- Manish Jindal (Sep 9, 2021)
- David Martinez (Sep 6, 2021)
Pretty concise introduction to the core features of DAX.
- sairam Mothukuri (Sep 6, 2021)
Excellent course for those who wants to learn DAX
- Juan Merrill (Sep 4, 2021)
As a beginner in DAX and at the moment only using in Power Pivot I have found the course really helpful and insightful. Thank you so much for providing this course free of charge, it is very much appreciated.
- Ricardo Contreras (Sep 4, 2021)
- juan pablo Sobrero (Sep 3, 2021)
I am a beginner. Is an excelent course. I think is a good step to start studing DAX.
- Deslauriers Jean-Sébastien (Sep 1, 2021)
- Chinenye Nwaneri (Aug 31, 2021)
Lovely course. The parts where the guy on the demo machine talks at same time with Ferrario not the best but overall well organized, explained & illustrated. Also precise enough....not too long, not too short/scanty.
- Kris Degryse (Aug 31, 2021)
This was really a very interesting video course about DAX with clearly explained theory and examples.