Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- IRWIN CHAWLA (Jul 2, 2021)
Excellent Course for absolute beginners. Loved it. ordered book as well.
- Tom Hogan (Jun 29, 2021)
Excellent high level overview of the DAX language. Good explanation and examples of the concepts; however, would have liked to have seen a couple of more examples related to context transition.
- Carmen Bauer (Jun 29, 2021)
Excellent course! I really enjoyed the way the brothers interacted and conveyed this content re: DAX. Thank you!
- Martin J (Jun 27, 2021)
Excellent course. Explains the basics of DAX but also covers some of the unexpected behaviour that had been confusing me for a long time. This is a must-have course for anyone starting with DAX.
- Abhishek Srivastava (Jun 27, 2021)
Really good description of DAX for beginners
- Jeremie Bougrain (Jun 26, 2021)
Excellent course, clarified a lot of beginner questions I had. I look forward for the DAX mastering course :)
- Ahmed Haroon (Jun 24, 2021)
it was amazing journey to learn DAX, i have to view 1 or 2 times again especially where it starts Contexts to have strong understanding. i have to and happy to give it 5 Stars :)
- LAERTE ROCHA NEVES PINTO PINTO (Jun 22, 2021)
Very good Introduction of universe the DAX
- Kenny Donaldson (Jun 22, 2021)
- Yara Tavares (Jun 20, 2021)
Really complete course, with good examples. I'm glad I found it and completed it!
- Shreehari M (Jun 13, 2021)
- Adel Sassi (Jun 11, 2021)
An amazing introduction course! Thanks a lot for sharing your expertise and your passion for teaching!
- Suparna Hazra (Jun 11, 2021)
Very nice context
- Craig March (Jun 10, 2021)
- Augusto Barragan (Jun 7, 2021)