This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Abraham Ezequiel Chalave (Mar 12, 2020)
Pretty clear and well explained. I'm taking more courses for sure!
- Zahid Ameerodien (Mar 10, 2020)
This course gave me a good understanding of the DAX engine.
- Abigail Xutuc (Mar 9, 2020)
Es un curso muy claro, y completo. Indispensable para no perder la cabeza al iniciar a usar Power BI desde cero. Recomendado.
- Jose Trullen (Mar 9, 2020)
This is a good overview course.
- Peter Mazzaraco (Mar 5, 2020)
Excellent trainers very detailed with hands on material. Descriptive and powerful.
- Jack Reismiller (Mar 4, 2020)
Excellent introductory course using principles, concepts and examples. I liked the different and more lean ways that DAX expressions can be written and the use of the Calculate function. Well done!!!
- Jude Perera (Feb 29, 2020)
absolutely fantastic. clear explanation. some topics are a bit more complex thus will have to revisit some segments as and when needed.
- Virginia Rojas (Feb 25, 2020)
It is a really excellent course, I learned a lot and it helped me to understand and deepen more with the language of giving! I super recommend
- Lisa Toko-Ross (Feb 24, 2020)
i do wish alberto wouldn't talk over the other fellow.
- vijay Hole (Feb 24, 2020)
This is the best FREE course to learn DAX.
- Mohammed Darif (Feb 22, 2020)
Mille mercis à toute l'équipe. C'était vraiment enrichissant malgré quelques difficultés de compréhension.
- Michael Volkert (Feb 21, 2020)
Excellent introduction providing a pretty good overview already containing lots of essential key knowledge.
- Martin Stevenson (Feb 20, 2020)
Was a great intro!
- Ahmed Daffaie (Feb 20, 2020)
I have been used DAX for 3 years but actually I learned a new cool stuff from those videos. Thank you
- Sandeep Singh (Feb 19, 2020)
Just Awesome.. Been learning POWER BI since couple of years, still it surprised me with the details covered.