Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Fessar Uzcategui (Aug 11, 2020)
Excellent beginning, for sure I will continue with the other sessions. Before proceeding I would like to effectively manage the initial lessons to avoid forgetting what I have learn.
- Mounira SEKET (Aug 10, 2020)
Thank you , it was explained very well (simple and step by step). I love your method. I'm grateful to both of you
- Felix Barangan (Aug 9, 2020)
Thank. Great course as add on the reference book
- joao francisco (Aug 6, 2020)
Tanksssssssssssss so much
- Antonio P. Peralta C. (Aug 5, 2020)
Excellent in all! Each lesson and each example, Alberto and Marco were excellent teachers! Congratulations!
- Johanna Sheridan (Aug 5, 2020)
Great course to get started with DAX, I found it easy to follow along.
- Dana Cleghorn (Aug 2, 2020)
This was a great course! The content is clear and having access to the slides is very useful for practicing. Thank you so much for offering basic free courses, it really helps those of us who are not able to enroll in the other courses.
- Luisina Sanguinetti (Aug 2, 2020)
I think that it is a really dynamic course, very well explained that allows us to deeply understand the bases of this interesting programming language. The examples are vital to have a better comprehension of the topics and I really like it. I would strongly recommend this course. Thank you!
- Salvador Morata Royes (Aug 1, 2020)
Simply amazing. I will for sure keep learning from Marco and Alberto.
- Paul S (Jul 31, 2020)
Thank you! Very useful course with clear explanations. I am new to DAX and learned a lot! My only suggestion would be to slow down the actual code writing itself and speak to details as it gets written.
- yilmaz perdi (Jul 31, 2020)
- Shaher Elnour (Jul 30, 2020)
Very helpful. Very organized material and excellent instructor. Many thanks.
- Mohamed Hally (Jul 30, 2020)
- Sidney Cavalcante (Jul 28, 2020)
Gostei muito do treinamento e principalmente ter a opção de tradução simultânea, pois ajuda muito quem não tem facilidade na língua.
- Minor Mata (Jul 28, 2020)
A very clear introduction to DAX that has allowed me to reinforce my knowledge in BI. Thank you.