This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- claudio cabaleyro (Dec 27, 2019)
Nicely conducted, a lot learnt, a lot to think about! Thank you!
- Sidra Zaheer (Dec 26, 2019)
- José Alejandro Erazo Villegas (Dec 23, 2019)
Excellent course, congratulations
- Karsten Helth Jensen (Dec 17, 2019)
Amazing! Very helpful and intuitive.
- Hisem Dervis (Dec 16, 2019)
- Anupam Parti (Dec 16, 2019)
Very Good Basic DAX Course
- james sandie (Dec 13, 2019)
- Ramachandra Badiger (Dec 13, 2019)
Its amazing DAX course, I learnt many a new concepts with better grasps, and I'm looking forward to it. Thank you to both of you making this course.
- guillermo pedernera (Dec 12, 2019)
- Arthur Coppens (Dec 11, 2019)
Dear all, I have really reached a basic understanding of DAX. Thanks to the free course. You explained the theory really well. Because everytime you talked about what you tried to reach first and then, step-by-step, showed the elements needed to accomplish just that within DAX, the course was easy to follow. I have even already succeeded in building a couple of functions myself. Thank you very much for your efforts. I am really gratefull.
- David Leifsson (Dec 11, 2019)
The course is easy to follow and things are explained so that I can understand. I am seeing some things I have done wrong before and will use my new learning. This course makes me want to take the master course in Dax. I really enjoyed this course. David, Sweden
- Ricardo Ribeiro de Sousa (Dec 10, 2019)
- Leonardo Magazzini (Dec 10, 2019)
Excellent teaching. Very useful. Thank you
- Richard Hua (Dec 7, 2019)
- ALEJANDRO LOPEZ NAVAS (Dec 3, 2019)
Really Good taste of the potentiality of DAX for my future projects.