Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- ARVIND GOWDA (Nov 5, 2022)
The course is really awesome
- Santhosh kumar Puvvada (Nov 2, 2022)
- Storm Engelbrecht (Nov 2, 2022)
Very nicely explained along with the context switching was very useful for me and closed a lot of the grey area I previously had
- Manikanta Ananthoja (Oct 31, 2022)
At first, I thought I may have difficulty understanding Alberto's Accent. But as I progressed in the course, I got used to him very much. And also, when I watch his explanation, I can observe the experience he has and his command over the concepts. Just awesome Alberto sir and I am very much satisfied by taking your DAX course.
- Mustafa POLAT (Oct 27, 2022)
It was awesome ! Thank you. You changed my perspective
- Asif Ali (Oct 26, 2022)
Really love the way course was delivered. Great start for begginers to deep dive into world of DAX
- Skeibhert Sandia (Oct 24, 2022)
- Skeibhert Sandia (Oct 24, 2022)
Great course You can get the basics and apply it, really nice and easy to follow
- siham bader (Oct 22, 2022)
Very well explained! thanks a lot for this course!!
- Wendy Elena Alpizar Hidalgo (Oct 21, 2022)
Really cool training easy to understand
- José Wilson Alves da Silva (Oct 20, 2022)
Great course. Thanks
- Jessica McNamara (Oct 18, 2022)
Brilliantly communicated and very engaging. Doing this course makes me want to delve straight into the master class.
- Renato Justino (Oct 16, 2022)
A great panoramic view about DAX which you can expand your knowledge in Power BI, Excel, Power Pivot, etc.
- Sai Ram Kumar Barla (Oct 14, 2022)
- Pranav Lunge (Oct 11, 2022)
Nice course for beginner. I learned various types of function used in DAX and the basic difference between various function and actual use of filter , All, Calculate (),etc. Thank you for this free course which helps me in building the understanding of DAX.