Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI Video Course
Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI is an introductory video course about data modeling, which is a required skill to get the best out of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users that do not have a background knowledge in data modeling for analytical systems and reporting.
The goal of the course is introduce the primary concepts of dimensional modeling, using practical examples and demos to illustrate how to obtain the desired result without having to write complex DAX expressions. Creating a proper data model simplifies the code to write and improves the performance. The course is made of 100 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the Power BI files used in the demos.
Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
- Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
Slides and demos
- How to download and use demo files
- Demos download
- Slides of the video course
Introduction to data modeling
- Introduction to data modeling
- Scattered information
- Business entities
Normalization and denormalization
- Normalization and denormalization
- Introducing normalization and denormalization
- Star schemas
- Introducing star schemas
- Placing tables in a diagram
- If you don't have a star schema
Why data modeling is useful
- Why data modeling is useful
- What is the role of a data model
Data modeling scenarios
- Data modeling scenarios
- Common scenarios
- Header / detail tables
- Back to a star schema
- Multiple fact tables
- Building a star schema
- Handling multiple dates
- Multiple relationships with date
- Events with different durations
- Precompute the values
- Marcus Demétrio Miranda Andrade (Jan 10, 2022)
This is the best course of Data of the world, the guys of SQLBI it's really expert in data !!! THANK YOU SO MUCH
- Yana Soltan (Jan 9, 2022)
Thank you for the well-structured description of data modeling. This course helped me refresh my knowledge.
- Lekan Omodara (Jan 7, 2022)
You don't want to stop once you start listening to the course. It was more detailed than I thought.
- Arend Dik (Jan 6, 2022)
A great (free) course. Especially the Data modeling scenarios.
- HUSSAIN KHATUMDI (Jan 1, 2022)
The Best Basic
- fadwa mousa (Dec 27, 2021)
- Taras Koniukhov (Dec 23, 2021)
Great intro into topic. Thank you!
- Jonathan Stagg (Dec 21, 2021)
Excellent introductory session to a number of key concepts.
- Usama Talha (Dec 20, 2021)
Its been an amazing course to add value to my knowledge of Data Modelling Techniques
- Piotr Mucha (Dec 13, 2021)
Great introduction to data modeling. Course shows very clearly the need and ways of data modeling. I will take regular Data Modeling course for sure. Many thanks.
- Michael Norris (Dec 9, 2021)
Explained very well. enjoyed.
- Tomasz Ksionek (Dec 7, 2021)
A very good course. Thank you for your knowledge :-)
- SQL Down Under (Dec 6, 2021)
Great intro course guys
- Simone Spezia (Dec 3, 2021)
The course is very clear and very well done! I will definitely continue improving my knowledge in data modeling
- Peeyush jha (Dec 3, 2021)
Very Informative and really helpful. Cheers !!