Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI is an introductory video course about data modeling, which is a required skill to get the best out of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users that do not have a background knowledge in data modeling for analytical systems and reporting.
The goal of the course is introduce the primary concepts of dimensional modeling, using practical examples and demos to illustrate how to obtain the desired result without having to write complex DAX expressions. Creating a proper data model simplifies the code to write and improves the performance. The course is made of 100 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the Power BI files used in the demos.
Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
- Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
Slides and demos
- How to download and use demo files
- Demos download
- Slides of the video course
Introduction to data modeling
- Introduction to data modeling
- Scattered information
- Business entities
Normalization and denormalization
- Normalization and denormalization
- Introducing normalization and denormalization
- Star schemas
- Introducing star schemas
- Placing tables in a diagram
- If you don't have a star schema
Why data modeling is useful
- Why data modeling is useful
- What is the role of a data model
Data modeling scenarios
- Data modeling scenarios
- Common scenarios
- Header / detail tables
- Back to a star schema
- Multiple fact tables
- Building a star schema
- Handling multiple dates
- Multiple relationships with date
- Events with different durations
- Precompute the values
- Yue Li (Jul 3, 2020)
- Yue Li (Jul 2, 2020)
Excellent! Hope has a glossary for terms like filter, measure, metric, relationships etc.
- Abhishek Prasad (Jul 2, 2020)
Awesome course for beginners and Managers who do not have idea about data modeling.
- Kehinde Olugbenga Omisile (Jul 1, 2020)
- Lucas Dias (Jun 28, 2020)
Amazing course! Incredible content!
- Roque Salde (Jun 23, 2020)
Excellent video course, very clear examples and explanation.
- Paul Brown (Jun 19, 2020)
Great introduction to Data Modeling.
- Luis Vásquez (Jun 13, 2020)
Excellent, good explanation and very practical examples
- Stevan Bertozzo (Jun 11, 2020)
Great course! Wonderful content! I will enrol in other courses! Thank you!
- alessandro maramotti (Jun 11, 2020)
- Israr Yousaf (Jun 10, 2020)
Great Introduction to Data Modelling and how important it is to have a right modell in order to get the Best/Correct Analysis.
- Sahil Hoogan (Jun 10, 2020)
Great learning course. Thank you Marco Russo
- Balaji uddewal (Jun 10, 2020)
Very well explained all concept...Thank you!!
- Niranjan Makkuva (Jun 10, 2020)
- Oye Adekola (Jun 9, 2020)