Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI Video Course
Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI is an introductory video course about data modeling, which is a required skill to get the best out of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users that do not have a background knowledge in data modeling for analytical systems and reporting.
The goal of the course is introduce the primary concepts of dimensional modeling, using practical examples and demos to illustrate how to obtain the desired result without having to write complex DAX expressions. Creating a proper data model simplifies the code to write and improves the performance. The course is made of 100 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the Power BI files used in the demos.
Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
- Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
Slides and demos
- How to download and use demo files
- Demos download
- Slides of the video course
Introduction to data modeling
- Introduction to data modeling
- Scattered information
- Business entities
Normalization and denormalization
- Normalization and denormalization
- Introducing normalization and denormalization
- Star schemas
- Introducing star schemas
- Placing tables in a diagram
- If you don't have a star schema
Why data modeling is useful
- Why data modeling is useful
- What is the role of a data model
Data modeling scenarios
- Data modeling scenarios
- Common scenarios
- Header / detail tables
- Back to a star schema
- Multiple fact tables
- Building a star schema
- Handling multiple dates
- Multiple relationships with date
- Events with different durations
- Precompute the values
- Megan Crawford (Mar 21, 2023)
Amazing course! Super helpful for beginners.
- Scott Chavez (Mar 16, 2023)
Difficult to follow along. I prefer free Pragmatic Works YouTube tutorials.
- Kris Van Acker (Mar 16, 2023)
- Walid Khiar (Mar 13, 2023)
It is a great course. It really reshaped my thinking about things I thought I knew about data modeling.
- anthony Levy (Mar 11, 2023)
A great introduction to data modeling. I will buy the book now thanks
- Solanki Gajendra Kumar (Mar 11, 2023)
GREAT WORK I UNDERSTAND EACH AND EVERTHING WHAT EVER SIR IS EXPLAIN IN THIS VIDEO COURSE. LOTS OF LOVE FROM INDIA
- Sihan Gunathilake (Feb 23, 2023)
Great Explanation. Looking to continue paid course as well.
- andrea naticchi (Feb 22, 2023)
- Anna Mallek-Bojke (Feb 13, 2023)
grateful course, all fundamentals are here, thank you!
- David Broyles (Feb 8, 2023)
The data modeling scenarios were helpful. What to do when you have multiple dates + dates with different durations made it clear to me
- August Baardson (Jan 30, 2023)
- Louis Endendijk (Jan 25, 2023)
Tx guys. A very understanable introduction to datamodeling and starschema
- Stivi Ajazi (Jan 24, 2023)
Very detailed and comprehensive course.
- Loïc Dikanga (Jan 11, 2023)
- Rohit Kaushik (Jan 6, 2023)
Basic Understanding about the Modeling in a respective way