Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI Video Course
Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI is an introductory video course about data modeling, which is a required skill to get the best out of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users that do not have a background knowledge in data modeling for analytical systems and reporting.
The goal of the course is introduce the primary concepts of dimensional modeling, using practical examples and demos to illustrate how to obtain the desired result without having to write complex DAX expressions. Creating a proper data model simplifies the code to write and improves the performance. The course is made of 100 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the Power BI files used in the demos.
Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
- Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
Slides and demos
- How to download and use demo files
- Demos download
- Slides of the video course
Introduction to data modeling
- Introduction to data modeling
- Scattered information
- Business entities
Normalization and denormalization
- Normalization and denormalization
- Introducing normalization and denormalization
- Star schemas
- Introducing star schemas
- Placing tables in a diagram
- If you don't have a star schema
Why data modeling is useful
- Why data modeling is useful
- What is the role of a data model
Data modeling scenarios
- Data modeling scenarios
- Common scenarios
- Header / detail tables
- Back to a star schema
- Multiple fact tables
- Building a star schema
- Handling multiple dates
- Multiple relationships with date
- Events with different durations
- Precompute the values
- Martín Alfonso Villarreyes Estrada (Sep 27, 2023)
Genial curso introductorio. Básico para empezar a modelar.
- falakthapar (Sep 25, 2023)
It's a valuable resource, but it may not be ideal for newcomers to Power BI. It would be helpful to emphasize beginner-friendly content more.
- – Thank you Falak for your review. Correct, our content targets more advanced users of Power BI. We do not claim to teach Power BI, we teach DAX and Data Modeling.
Reply by Claire Costa (Sep 26, 2023)
- – Thank you Falak for your review. Correct, our content targets more advanced users of Power BI. We do not claim to teach Power BI, we teach DAX and Data Modeling. Claire
- Kris McConnochie (Sep 25, 2023)
Excellent explanations with great demo's to visualise the training (a key aspect).
- Filip Zuzic (Sep 23, 2023)
Better than 99% of other online introduction courses on data modeling in Power BI.
- Alet Bamford (Sep 22, 2023)
I love the way you two explain things. Always brilliant.
- IRFAN AHMAD MUDDASSIR (Sep 20, 2023)
The Course is insightful, with examples to actually see how it relates to the practicality of the delivered concepts.
- Zhan Ilieski (Sep 15, 2023)
Very easy to understand, very pragmatic. I am so surprissed data modeling can solve so many problems. Thank you! I will recommend this course to every analyst working with PowerBI.
- Alberto Marchesi (Sep 8, 2023)
Thank you SQLBI! Really fondation rules to know very well taught ! My work in data analysis will now be easier and my output stronger
- Geoffrey Colpitts, PMP (Sep 8, 2023)
This is a great overview of data modeling that gave me the vocabulary and understanding of proper modeling importance.
- Blake LeBlanc (Sep 5, 2023)
Great presentation! Slides are clear, the pace of content delivery is superb! Once again, bravo to the expert duo we favorably call, "The Italians" :)
- Zully Escobar (Sep 5, 2023)
Excellent content! Excellent explanation!!
- gudla manikanta (Aug 15, 2023)
It was a great platform to learn data modelling concepts
- Sujan Chhetri (Aug 13, 2023)
The course material has been extensively researched and is presented in a highly accessible manner, making it ideal for those who are new to the subject. While the introductory course is excellent, the fees for the advanced courses are relatively high for someone at my level of learning.
- Mouhsine EL Mansouri (Aug 12, 2023)
- DANG THANH QUAN (Aug 3, 2023)
A great course to get data modeling foundation in Power BI