Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI Video Course
Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI is an introductory video course about data modeling, which is a required skill to get the best out of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users that do not have a background knowledge in data modeling for analytical systems and reporting.
The goal of the course is introduce the primary concepts of dimensional modeling, using practical examples and demos to illustrate how to obtain the desired result without having to write complex DAX expressions. Creating a proper data model simplifies the code to write and improves the performance. The course is made of 100 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the Power BI files used in the demos.
Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
- Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
Slides and demos
- How to download and use demo files
- Demos download
- Slides of the video course
Introduction to data modeling
- Introduction to data modeling
- Scattered information
- Business entities
Normalization and denormalization
- Normalization and denormalization
- Introducing normalization and denormalization
- Star schemas
- Introducing star schemas
- Placing tables in a diagram
- If you don't have a star schema
Why data modeling is useful
- Why data modeling is useful
- What is the role of a data model
Data modeling scenarios
- Data modeling scenarios
- Common scenarios
- Header / detail tables
- Back to a star schema
- Multiple fact tables
- Building a star schema
- Handling multiple dates
- Multiple relationships with date
- Events with different durations
- Precompute the values
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Sarah Farr (Jul 30, 2021)
Great! Thank you :)
- Aditya Upadhyay (Jul 29, 2021)
I found this course good, but it is too basic as expected from an intro course. Overall Marco simplified complex modelling scenarios in digestible piece. Kudos for that. Looking forward to learn more courses from SQLBI team.
- Masao Inoue (Jul 28, 2021)
Good introductory course.
- Raissa Marques (Jul 28, 2021)
Great course! Thanks for the high quality content!
- Gregor Prahl (Jul 27, 2021)
Great introduction which really explains the thinking and ideas behind star schema. The right place to get deep into DAX and Power BI.
- GAJWEL LAXMAN (Jul 24, 2021)
- Boudewijn De Waele (Jul 23, 2021)
Nice work, it was almost perfect
- Vijay Kumar (Jul 17, 2021)
- Miguel-Angel Oros-Hernandez (Jul 15, 2021)
Excellent explanations! It is a very useful course.
- Juan José Muñoz Casteig (Jul 6, 2021)
good introduction to data models
- Anjali Gupta (Jun 29, 2021)
i dont know but cant this dax and data modelling a little bit easier to gulp down the throat for we beginners. All the thanks to God that somehow i thrived this one.
- Shivam Pant (Jun 28, 2021)
Very Informative course.Learned alot of new things.Thankyou!!
- Jeremie Bougrain (Jun 26, 2021)
Really nice course that brings light about the basics of data modeling, must-see for any beginner on the matter! I'll check your full data modeling course, it is quality work.
- huda hamod (Jun 24, 2021)
You are amazing Gents, thank you for the efforts and the way you are explaining to us, your passion are clear for this field God bless you and all the best always
- Juergen Fassbender (Jun 18, 2021)
Very good introduction! Thnak you!