Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI Video Course
Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI is an introductory video course about data modeling, which is a required skill to get the best out of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users that do not have a background knowledge in data modeling for analytical systems and reporting.
The goal of the course is introduce the primary concepts of dimensional modeling, using practical examples and demos to illustrate how to obtain the desired result without having to write complex DAX expressions. Creating a proper data model simplifies the code to write and improves the performance. The course is made of 100 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the Power BI files used in the demos.
Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
- Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
Slides and demos
- How to download and use demo files
- Demos download
- Slides of the video course
Introduction to data modeling
- Introduction to data modeling
- Scattered information
- Business entities
Normalization and denormalization
- Normalization and denormalization
- Introducing normalization and denormalization
- Star schemas
- Introducing star schemas
- Placing tables in a diagram
- If you don't have a star schema
Why data modeling is useful
- Why data modeling is useful
- What is the role of a data model
Data modeling scenarios
- Data modeling scenarios
- Common scenarios
- Header / detail tables
- Back to a star schema
- Multiple fact tables
- Building a star schema
- Handling multiple dates
- Multiple relationships with date
- Events with different durations
- Precompute the values
- Ricardo Santander (Oct 13, 2020)
Awesome Introductory course!!!!
- Maria Fernanda Rodriguez V (Oct 13, 2020)
Excelente curso. Gracias por sus conocimientos.
- Francisco Javier Fuerte Grund (Oct 13, 2020)
- José Granero Nueda (Oct 13, 2020)
¡Thank you for this interesting course!
- William Alexander Rodriguez Arroyo (Oct 12, 2020)
Really important to me, is very nice course!
- Vera Lau (Oct 10, 2020)
Awesome course, thank you!
- Constanza Capatti (Oct 8, 2020)
- Caleb Olaleye (Oct 6, 2020)
This course was well explained and very helpful. Thank you Marco and Alberto
- Sanjeev Kumar (Oct 6, 2020)
Hi Both, This is a very well structured introductory course for Data Modelling in Power BI. Thank you for sharing this and I will plan to go full course in the near future. Regards, Sanjeev
- Tiberiu Gociu (Oct 1, 2020)
Grazie! Grazie! Grazie! Grazie! Grazie!
- VENKATESH KALYANI (Sep 18, 2020)
In depth details are explained.
- Raheel Rana (Sep 14, 2020)
- Melecio Palma (Sep 14, 2020)
Muchas Gracias por compartit
- Shshi kant Singh (Sep 12, 2020)
Good explanation for beginners except few places where complexity was bit high
- AHMAD SIRKA (Sep 6, 2020)
Great content hope you provided more explanation.