Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI Video Course
Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI is an introductory video course about data modeling, which is a required skill to get the best out of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users that do not have a background knowledge in data modeling for analytical systems and reporting.
The goal of the course is introduce the primary concepts of dimensional modeling, using practical examples and demos to illustrate how to obtain the desired result without having to write complex DAX expressions. Creating a proper data model simplifies the code to write and improves the performance. The course is made of 100 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the Power BI files used in the demos.
Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
- Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
Slides and demos
- How to download and use demo files
- Demos download
- Slides of the video course
Introduction to data modeling
- Introduction to data modeling
- Scattered information
- Business entities
Normalization and denormalization
- Normalization and denormalization
- Introducing normalization and denormalization
- Star schemas
- Introducing star schemas
- Placing tables in a diagram
- If you don't have a star schema
Why data modeling is useful
- Why data modeling is useful
- What is the role of a data model
Data modeling scenarios
- Data modeling scenarios
- Common scenarios
- Header / detail tables
- Back to a star schema
- Multiple fact tables
- Building a star schema
- Handling multiple dates
- Multiple relationships with date
- Events with different durations
- Precompute the values
- Roxanne Serrao (Oct 12, 2021)
I enjoyed this course very much! I can not wait to practice "normalizing and denormalizing" when the time comes.
- Elena Smirnova (Oct 7, 2021)
The introductory course was very much liked and useful for me to understand the evolution from relational databases to multivariate analytic key indicator visualization structures.
- Robert Butler (Oct 5, 2021)
This is some of the best Power BI training I've found. Very comprehensive and it gives you a deep understanding of DAX and Power BI.
- Felipe Pineda (Sep 29, 2021)
- Ilia Odzelashvili (Sep 29, 2021)
This was really awesome course. Thank you Marco and Alberto !
- Anders Meinert (Sep 27, 2021)
- Gianluca Pettinella (Sep 24, 2021)
Per essere un corso di introduzione, lo trovo davvero molto completo. Complimenti!
- Ashokkumar Baskaran (Sep 16, 2021)
- Luis Gonzalo Carvajal Fernandez (Sep 15, 2021)
Thank you very much for your support
- Carlos Ortega (Sep 12, 2021)
He revisado este curso introductorio sobre modelado de datos. Ha sido muy explicito y didactico. Cubrió mis expectativas. Gracias
- Tomáš Kavický (Sep 9, 2021)
- Malki Rajapaksha Pathirana (Sep 2, 2021)
It was a really good session. I enjoyed it.
- Eric Bula (Aug 25, 2021)
Gracias por este video curso introductorio, muy bien explicado y a buen ritmo dado que el inglés no es mi idioma natal lo pude entender en gran parte sin apoyo del closed caption, espero puedan ofrecer otros de forma similar.
- Roberson (Aug 24, 2021)
- Dhananjay Ramdas Patil (Aug 21, 2021)
Great the course structure