Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI Video Course
Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI is an introductory video course about data modeling, which is a required skill to get the best out of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users that do not have a background knowledge in data modeling for analytical systems and reporting.
The goal of the course is introduce the primary concepts of dimensional modeling, using practical examples and demos to illustrate how to obtain the desired result without having to write complex DAX expressions. Creating a proper data model simplifies the code to write and improves the performance. The course is made of 100 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the Power BI files used in the demos.
Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
- Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
Slides and demos
- How to download and use demo files
- Demos download
- Slides of the video course
Introduction to data modeling
- Introduction to data modeling
- Scattered information
- Business entities
Normalization and denormalization
- Normalization and denormalization
- Introducing normalization and denormalization
- Star schemas
- Introducing star schemas
- Placing tables in a diagram
- If you don't have a star schema
Why data modeling is useful
- Why data modeling is useful
- What is the role of a data model
Data modeling scenarios
- Data modeling scenarios
- Common scenarios
- Header / detail tables
- Back to a star schema
- Multiple fact tables
- Building a star schema
- Handling multiple dates
- Multiple relationships with date
- Events with different durations
- Precompute the values
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Juan Tovar (Apr 19, 2021)
- Kaits Consulting Group S.A.C. (Apr 18, 2021)
Easy and practical to first understand the basics about data modeling and why it is so important for Power BI and Business Intelligence.
- Aaqib Khaskheli (Apr 17, 2021)
Well explained, very informative course, thanks.
- Dayana Aguirre (Apr 15, 2021)
i really like it
- Christian Salas (Apr 12, 2021)
This is a very good introduction to Data Modeling that highly emphasizes the importance of Star Schema rather than complex DAX Code.
- Rosario Curcio (Apr 8, 2021)
Interesting, really clear
- Annie Shahid (Apr 6, 2021)
It was great. Thank you.
- LucVanSpeybrouck (Apr 4, 2021)
Great and clear introduction to data modeling and the caveats you may encounter when creating visualizations without understanding the data structure and the relationships between tables.
- Jorge López Morales (Apr 1, 2021)
- Abdul Ahad Rana (Mar 31, 2021)
Such a great course to clarify the fundamentals.
- Bhadar Shahi (Mar 30, 2021)
- Eddie Bryce (Mar 23, 2021)
Very clear and relevant. Great stuff.
- Rohit Owhal (Mar 22, 2021)
IT WAS Superb !!!! THANKS A LOT !!!!
- vasudev A (Mar 20, 2021)
Learned more information about data modeling. Thank you.
- Lodovico D'Incau (Mar 19, 2021)
Thanks for the free sharing of resources