Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI Video Course
Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI is an introductory video course about data modeling, which is a required skill to get the best out of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users that do not have a background knowledge in data modeling for analytical systems and reporting.
The goal of the course is introduce the primary concepts of dimensional modeling, using practical examples and demos to illustrate how to obtain the desired result without having to write complex DAX expressions. Creating a proper data model simplifies the code to write and improves the performance. The course is made of 100 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the Power BI files used in the demos.
Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
- Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
Slides and demos
- How to download and use demo files
- Demos download
- Slides of the video course
Introduction to data modeling
- Introduction to data modeling
- Scattered information
- Business entities
Normalization and denormalization
- Normalization and denormalization
- Introducing normalization and denormalization
- Star schemas
- Introducing star schemas
- Placing tables in a diagram
- If you don't have a star schema
Why data modeling is useful
- Why data modeling is useful
- What is the role of a data model
Data modeling scenarios
- Data modeling scenarios
- Common scenarios
- Header / detail tables
- Back to a star schema
- Multiple fact tables
- Building a star schema
- Handling multiple dates
- Multiple relationships with date
- Events with different durations
- Precompute the values
- Venessa TImmerman (Feb 15, 2022)
Great course to teach model basics and also touching on some of the complexity and common questions!
- Patrick Daalmeijer (Feb 10, 2022)
Excellent, nice overview of pitfalls en remedies!
- Jean Marie Bertrand (Feb 9, 2022)
Very good. I'll have to watch this again to absorb everything. The instructor spoke slowly and clearly. I liked him as a teacher.
- Jean Karol Racchumí Muchaypiña (Jan 29, 2022)
Thank you! This course is extremely helpful and the best.
- Przemek Zawadzki (Jan 29, 2022)
Great course. The theoretical part is a bit of confusing in the begining but very much needed to create complex and efficient data models.
- Abdul Qayyum Kadri (Jan 26, 2022)
Can't find this content anywhere. I has solved most of my questions and doubt regarding data modelling
- Jefferson Thiago Spontoni (Jan 22, 2022)
I just loved. An a incredeble introduction, foundamental base, and all this kwnoleged obtained by free. I Just have thank both of you Marco and Alberto. You both are the best. I Loved your book Definitive Guide to Dax too Thanks for all
- Bruno Franco de souza (Jan 14, 2022)
Excellent introduction. I wish i had done this years ago!
- shivanand goud (Jan 11, 2022)
- Daiana Maza Soardo (Jan 10, 2022)
Thank you for the course!!
- Marcus Demétrio Miranda Andrade (Jan 10, 2022)
This is the best course of Data of the world, the guys of SQLBI it's really expert in data !!! THANK YOU SO MUCH
- Yana Soltan (Jan 9, 2022)
Thank you for the well-structured description of data modeling. This course helped me refresh my knowledge.
- Lekan Omodara (Jan 7, 2022)
You don't want to stop once you start listening to the course. It was more detailed than I thought.
- Arend Dik (Jan 6, 2022)
A great (free) course. Especially the Data modeling scenarios.
- HUSSAIN KHATUMDI (Jan 1, 2022)
The Best Basic