Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI Video Course
Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI is an introductory video course about data modeling, which is a required skill to get the best out of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users that do not have a background knowledge in data modeling for analytical systems and reporting.
The goal of the course is introduce the primary concepts of dimensional modeling, using practical examples and demos to illustrate how to obtain the desired result without having to write complex DAX expressions. Creating a proper data model simplifies the code to write and improves the performance. The course is made of 100 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the Power BI files used in the demos.
Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
- Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
Slides and demos
- How to download and use demo files
- Demos download
- Slides of the video course
Introduction to data modeling
- Introduction to data modeling
- Scattered information
- Business entities
Normalization and denormalization
- Normalization and denormalization
- Introducing normalization and denormalization
- Star schemas
- Introducing star schemas
- Placing tables in a diagram
- If you don't have a star schema
Why data modeling is useful
- Why data modeling is useful
- What is the role of a data model
Data modeling scenarios
- Data modeling scenarios
- Common scenarios
- Header / detail tables
- Back to a star schema
- Multiple fact tables
- Building a star schema
- Handling multiple dates
- Multiple relationships with date
- Events with different durations
- Precompute the values
- Winston Alexander Hope (Sep 1, 2022)
Excellent form and presentation!
- Bernard Abdias (Sep 1, 2022)
- Sam Chan-Jury (Aug 31, 2022)
A precise course that gets to the point, perfect for those who has little time and just want a good intro before diving deeper. It's a sufficient course on its own to understand the key of data modeling.
- Stanislav Revkov (Aug 29, 2022)
- Pargorn Puttapirat (Aug 18, 2022)
The contents of this course are very well delivered!
- Mazoelle Oliveira (Aug 13, 2022)
This course is wonderful for anyone new to data.
- Dilip Warrier (Aug 2, 2022)
It really bridged the gap I had, in my understanding of the Modelling concepts. And, was happy to see the different scenarios which I too had faced while starting out on with the modelling process. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart, Marco!
- Sỹ Toàn Đào (Jul 25, 2022)
- Sỹ Toàn Đào (Jul 25, 2022)
- Erivaldo Lopes (Jul 14, 2022)
Fantastic training course. I could already understand many concepts such as granularity of a model as well as tricks to overcome some of a problem I was facing: how to create several relationships in a date table and how to activate them when needed. Again, marvelous training course.
- Faliq Zulkifli (Jul 2, 2022)
Good intro to star schema data model with proven case studies.
- Abasiama Raphael Akpan (Jul 1, 2022)
- Leigh Gallo (Jun 29, 2022)
Very helpful in explaining the most efficient way to create an effective and easy to use data model. I only wish that the provided files would include the before and after versions of each lesson. Thank you for the useful tutorial!
- Sattyajit Saha (Jun 15, 2022)
clear concept of modeling data
- Emir Tutan (Jun 10, 2022)
Great content! Thank you