Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI Video Course
Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI is an introductory video course about data modeling, which is a required skill to get the best out of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users that do not have a background knowledge in data modeling for analytical systems and reporting.
The goal of the course is introduce the primary concepts of dimensional modeling, using practical examples and demos to illustrate how to obtain the desired result without having to write complex DAX expressions. Creating a proper data model simplifies the code to write and improves the performance. The course is made of 100 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the Power BI files used in the demos.
Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
- Presentation of Introduction to Data Modeling for Power BI
Slides and demos
- How to download and use demo files
- Demos download
- Slides of the video course
Introduction to data modeling
- Introduction to data modeling
- Scattered information
- Business entities
Normalization and denormalization
- Normalization and denormalization
- Introducing normalization and denormalization
- Star schemas
- Introducing star schemas
- Placing tables in a diagram
- If you don't have a star schema
Why data modeling is useful
- Why data modeling is useful
- What is the role of a data model
Data modeling scenarios
- Data modeling scenarios
- Common scenarios
- Header / detail tables
- Back to a star schema
- Multiple fact tables
- Building a star schema
- Handling multiple dates
- Multiple relationships with date
- Events with different durations
- Precompute the values
- karol Żurek (May 15, 2022)
First i am thanks , It course is very helpful, the Tutor in nice and clear way explain how work Power BI. Greetings Żurek Karol
- Gerard Lambrechts (May 13, 2022)
Nice lecture. Thank you so much.
- Bhumika C G (May 10, 2022)
Thank you Sir. Very clear explanations of the theory parts and also highlighting on issues that can occur in the real world. Thank you for the course.
- Sagun Thakur (May 2, 2022)
- Cristian Tibrea (May 1, 2022)
Very good explanantions, I like it!
- Dr Kenny (Apr 26, 2022)
I am data engineer and was really amazed at the level of quality of this material
- yusuf bas (Apr 16, 2022)
Great course. Thank you.
- Stephan Nieuwenhuizen (Apr 12, 2022)
Thank you Marco and Alberto- Like the DAX introduction course, this one was excellent and again learnt so much!
- Red Roma (Apr 8, 2022)
Thsnk You , it is very interesting
- Mayank Bahuguna (Apr 6, 2022)
- Edwin Khamasi (Mar 31, 2022)
What I have learnt here is that the traditional skills of modelling an ERP database don't always apply when modelling a report schema
- Sebastian Schnabel (Mar 24, 2022)
Great Overview about Data Modelling!
- Simone Piwowarczyk (Mar 21, 2022)
Excellent!!! Congrats!!! Thank you!!! :)
- Tyla Ono (Mar 19, 2022)
Helpful for the most part. A little bit hard to follow the more complex data models without having a good understanding of the underlying data. This made it harder to understand the context.
- Antonio Puentes (Mar 18, 2022)
An excellent introductory course of Data Modeling. I am taking my first steps in the world of Data and this introduction was fantastic, understandable and a very good guide.