Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Bart Titulaer (Jan 2, 2018)
Thank you very much. I really liked this way of presenting. Also compliments for your assistant who asked very good questions in between and also gave some good intermediate remarks. Good team!!
- Wyn Hopkins (Jan 2, 2018)
Great for people starting their journey in DAX for Power Pivot and Power BI. Strong emphasis on understanding why things work the way they do.
- Omar Amrani (Dec 31, 2017)
- Mariano Irvin Lopez Jaramillo (Dec 30, 2017)
- John Gooden (Dec 30, 2017)
This has been very helpful! Thank You!
- Namrud Askhrya (Dec 29, 2017)
Thank you very much for this very useful introduction, it is really helpful to understand the basics of DAX language.
- Cristina Lobo (Dec 28, 2017)
- Alex Powers (Dec 28, 2017)
As a proud owner of The Definitive Guide to DAX this series was a fantastic complement to the book. To be honest I can not believe the amount and wealth of content that was given away for free in the course. I'm excited to look into the other courses as I continue on my DAX journey.
- Sanjeev Soni (Dec 25, 2017)
Excellent no words of thanks touched all the key aspects of DAX
- Natarajan Ganapathi (Dec 22, 2017)
It will be unfair, if I give anything below a 5*.
- Andrés Lagerlöf (Dec 20, 2017)
Great course! Thank you!!!
- minshen liang (Dec 20, 2017)
- Claudio Trombini (Dec 17, 2017)
Il corso è davvero ottimo sia nei contenuti che nell'esposizione, inoltre il materiale fornito, come in altri videocorsi è sempre chiarissimo e veramente utile. Davvero un fantastico lavoro. Complimenti
- Giuseppe Fenzi (Dec 13, 2017)
- Michael Sidley (Dec 8, 2017)
Excellent! Thank you