Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- David Bravo Sánchez (Aug 28, 2017)
It's a great introduction, thanks for offering this training for free.
- Daniel Labarca Zucker (Aug 23, 2017)
Great course to start learning DAX! It helped me a lot and made me understand how powerful can this programming language be.
- William Kiarie (Aug 14, 2017)
This is a great primer that gives one a better grip of the various concepts relating to DAX. Great job guys!
- Marcelo Silva (Aug 9, 2017)
- Andriy Kramarenko (Aug 7, 2017)
Great course! Thanks a lot Alberto and Marco!
- Marek Zawadzki (Aug 6, 2017)
Good work! I like that method of presenting, never saw this one. Now its time to work alone for make some test about DAX exprtessions. Thank you!
- William Satoru (Aug 5, 2017)
Incredible and extremely well done! In a simple way, solved most of my doubts in my first steps using Power BI! Thank you so much!
- Blessing Madondo (Aug 2, 2017)
Best bi course ever!
- Rafal Slomkowski (Jul 26, 2017)
I think this is a wonderful introduction and frankly a necessary complement to your "Definitive Guide to DAX" textbook. Great job!
- Arthur Arthur (Jul 26, 2017)
Video will be interesting for everyone who work with DAX. Thanks!
- Patrick Guo (Jul 20, 2017)
It's extremely helpful for beginners!
- Marcelo Silva (Jul 19, 2017)
- Oleksandr Petelvyi (Jul 18, 2017)
It is excellent course! Thanks a lot!
- Kevin Hankins (Jul 17, 2017)
This is fantastic, thank you very much.
- Neale Blackwood (Jul 17, 2017)
Great course! The explanations were all well presented and understandable - well done!