Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Claudio Trombini (Dec 17, 2017)
Il corso è davvero ottimo sia nei contenuti che nell'esposizione, inoltre il materiale fornito, come in altri videocorsi è sempre chiarissimo e veramente utile. Davvero un fantastico lavoro. Complimenti
- Giuseppe Fenzi (Dec 13, 2017)
- Michael Sidley (Dec 8, 2017)
Excellent! Thank you
- Dave Sheppard (Dec 3, 2017)
Excellent presentation of foundational theory. Very helpful for those who wish to pursue a deeper understanding of DAX, or use DAX in their careers.
- Stéphane CAMUS (Nov 21, 2017)
Very good course. Clear and easy to follow. Very useful for an introduction into DAX language. Thanks a lot.
- Lyn Taylor (Oct 24, 2017)
Excellent presentation which greatly helped build my understanding of DAX fundamentals.
- Iulian Voaides (Oct 21, 2017)
Thank you Marco and Alberto! Your course helped me see how wrong is the "Excel table mentality" when working in DAX.
- Richard Martinez (Oct 17, 2017)
Great course. I highly recommend starting out with DAX to take this course.
- Dave Shepherd (Oct 6, 2017)
Great! Helped explain early chapters of your book. Reading can get a bit tiring, so nice to sit back and watch and listen. Thanks!
- Sujata Mehta (Oct 6, 2017)
It is said that it is the mark of a genius to explain complex concepts in a simple manner. Thank you Alberto and Mark, you are geniuses!
- Giedrius Vegys (Oct 5, 2017)
This is great course. One thing I am still missing - does CALCULATE add row context to existing filter or completely change existing filter?
- Wynand Coetzee (Oct 5, 2017)
Nice intro into DAX , thanks guys. Sometimes I still want to write DAX like I do TSQL..so it is a mind set change that I am learning and enjoying.
- Shannon GILL (Sep 27, 2017)
Great course. I will refer back over and over again. My only suggestion is to add a transcript so I can easily refer back to a certain section.
- Puneet Dobriyal (Sep 26, 2017)
Very nice explanation and course outline.!!
- Elbina Rizakhanova (Sep 23, 2017)
Very, very good! Many thanks! I after this course I'll definitely apply Mastering DAX course