This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Fredy Antonio Carpintero Mendoza (Mar 9, 2018)
- robert dowrick (Mar 8, 2018)
good introduction, coupled with the downloaded example file its easy to follow and try out the examples which reinforces the learning.
- Oscar Vargas (Mar 4, 2018)
Excellent course from a very talented guys and for free, thanks a lot
- Julian Isphording (Mar 2, 2018)
Very helpful, cleared up some issues I had when viewing other online video's. Also like the emphasis on some theory (eg. CALCULATE). Cheers, Julian
- David Linnemann (Mar 2, 2018)
If you need to learn DAX, these instructors will get you what you need!
- Daniel Tuma (Feb 25, 2018)
Excellent course. The explanations are easy to understand and are demonstrated effectively. The two presenters seem to complement each other very well. I would definitely recommend this course.
- German Henriquez (Feb 23, 2018)
- Juan Zuniga (Feb 22, 2018)
Great presentation, very clear, straightforward and useful. Thank you Alberto and Marco!
- Sarah Bessard (Feb 22, 2018)
Very nice ! Thanks
- ARIEL FERNANDEZ (Feb 21, 2018)
Excelente mini curso inicial, con muy buenas explicaciones, que lo deja a uno con ganas de seguir con lo próximo para completar el conocimiento.
- Martin Halse Præsius (Feb 14, 2018)
This was a really great intro to DAX, there is no doubt that i will take the next course once it is approved by my manager
- João Augusto Pereira Júnior (Feb 13, 2018)
- Scott Powell (Feb 9, 2018)
This course was absolutely fabulous. Will definitely be taking the masters level course, trying to decide whether to take it online or in person. Thanks for posting the intro video. Scott
- Paulo Alpoim (Feb 9, 2018)
- Peter Kötzing (Jan 27, 2018)
I find this course very useful, and having 2 presenters adds another dimension to it: It's very entertaining too - exactly because there are sometimes 2 voices at the same time. Who cares? I like the vivid Italian style much better than those boring Indian monologues. Just bought the 'mastering' course ...