This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Miguel Ángel Diaz (Aug 29, 2018)
- Sergey Morarian (Aug 29, 2018)
- luthfur rahman (Aug 27, 2018)
Great comprehensive intro
- Edinaldo Dultra Souza (Aug 24, 2018)
I 've started to understanding much better.
- Gines Pagan (Aug 21, 2018)
I really liked Introducing DAX Video Course. The way in which the contents are explained is clear and enjoyable. Thank you very much!
- Manlio Rolon (Aug 20, 2018)
Excellent to have a broad view of the language.
- Martin Zukovec (Aug 20, 2018)
Greate guided course. Detailed explanations. I really liked the comments of the guys behind the PC. It's good to have someone who thinks in a way of a listener and not as a lecturer, who has much more experience and sometimes unknowingly misses an important aspect of a function or clicking specific button etc. Best regards
- Plamen Ivanov (Aug 19, 2018)
Great course! Started my Power BI journey a months ago and what I really wanted to find is a well-structured lectures, step-by-step training in order to progress with limited waste of time digging into too advanced stuff at the time of learning - sqlbi learning path is all I was looking for! One recommendation - put https://www.sqlbi.com/guides/dax/ on a more easily to find place at your site, I don't even remember how I find this link , but I am on it for the next months:) already bought next training (Data modeling) and can't wait for your 2nd edition of DAX book in the beg of Jan.
- Christopher Hastings (Aug 17, 2018)
This course was super helpful. Especially in understanding CALCULATE() and the "X" functions. Thank you so much!
- Moshe Slonim (Aug 13, 2018)
This is a great course for introducing DAX. Thank you very much!
- Dave Polhill (Aug 8, 2018)
Very informative and a wonderful presentation style.
- Ryan Racelis (Aug 8, 2018)
- Diptesh Rane (Aug 1, 2018)
Great Course !
- Peter Warren (Jul 30, 2018)
Your video course was extremely helpful in providing me with an introduction to DAX. Your explanations were extremely clear, concise and practical. I was able to follow them in the sample Power BI file you provided. The next step is to put into practice all that you covered. Thanks
- Zulay Sandrea (Jul 27, 2018)
Excellent course, very explicit, and help to understand how the functions work.