Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Shahmir Asif (Sep 27, 2020)
It was an amazing experience learning from here
- Lucas Salomone (Sep 27, 2020)
- Beng Wah Yeo (Sep 25, 2020)
Yes, I TOTALLY love this introductory DAX course. The level is just right for beginner and the scope covers wide enough topics. Thanks!
- Sony Shrivastava (Sep 22, 2020)
- Ron Hastings (Sep 22, 2020)
Thanks guys great piece of work!
- Reiko Watanabe (Sep 21, 2020)
Very insightful. The basic understanding is so important, I don't know why I hadn't done this course a long time ago!
- Julian Colombo (Sep 18, 2020)
- Rubens Maia (Sep 17, 2020)
Excellent content, thank you for sharing!
- David Talavera (Sep 16, 2020)
- Andre Kuijt (Sep 13, 2020)
Clear introduction to DAX. Topics are explained very clearly.
- Bart Trudeau (Sep 8, 2020)
Great course. Alberto does an excellent job in not just showing you how to write DAX but teaching you how it works and understanding the language. Highly recommended for anyone trying to learn the language.
- Joseph Anyanwu (Sep 7, 2020)
Good job guys. This was really helpful
- Pradeep Hemmanur (Aug 31, 2020)
Superb content that I can't believe is free. Will be recommending this as a required course for all my team members building PowerBI data models!
- Sameer Rohadia (Aug 25, 2020)
This is an excellent course on DAX introduction. Kudos to the team.
- Barna Kovacs (Aug 23, 2020)