Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Jyoti Vikram Singh (May 7, 2021)
Good to have an introduction.
- Valber Santana (May 7, 2021)
Excellent Introducing to DAX
- Silvia Prevettoni (May 4, 2021)
Great content, easy to follow, good examples and well explained
- Shafeeq Parayil Valappil (May 3, 2021)
much helpful! expecting more videos by using real examples. In addition with mySQL
- Peter Pisár (May 2, 2021)
I think anybody who starts with DAX should start exactly with this course. No books, no other videos, just exactly with this course because this course provides enough fundamentals which a new student can build on his/her next DAX skills.
- Nikhil Manchanda (Apr 27, 2021)
Great ! But there is some scope of improvement in explanation of some concepts.
- Andy Peters (Apr 25, 2021)
Really good! Excited to learn more about DAX from these instructors.
- Andres Felipe Mesa David (Apr 25, 2021)
Great content! I learned a lot from this introductory course. Hope to be able to do the mastering DAX course this year.
- Agustin Jose Zapata Indriago (Apr 24, 2021)
EXCELENTE CURSO, SALUDOS DESDE BRASIL
- Jesper Lange Jørgensen (Apr 22, 2021)
Gave me a really good overview of DAX and how it works with Power BI. Would definently recommend!
- Khanchana Makkapawee (Apr 14, 2021)
Thank you very much for this course.
- Geraldo Toledo (Apr 14, 2021)
A great course to starters but also great for intermediate levels as it is full of important details that are usually overlooked but that makes this content so rich! Congrats!
- Fred Dominguez (Apr 13, 2021)
Great overview. Now I need to put DAX into practice.
- Ted Higgins (Apr 12, 2021)
Excellent, excellent stuff.
- Praveen Koirala (Apr 12, 2021)
I've always admired the way you educate and assist others in learning in a simple manner. One of the best free DAX introduction courses available. Keep up the excellent job.