Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
- Brandon Reyes (May 18, 2022)
very good course.
- Pouya Rezaeifakhr (May 17, 2022)
Excellent introduction to DAX. Clear explanations to basic concepts.
- Cherno Marjo Bah (May 17, 2022)
The introduction was of great significant. I intend to follow the courses in your video.
- Shane Doohan (May 16, 2022)
I recommend this course to fill in any holes one might have in Basic DAX (if you're like me and solely relied on googling to get the answers to Power BI questions). It's also good to see if you like their style (and great accents!) enough to proceed with the Mastering DAX course.
- Christoph Maiss (May 16, 2022)
Great introduction with good examples and structure
- Mike Talley (May 15, 2022)
Excellent course content and presentation. Clarified a number of DAX concepts and key features in a friendly, approachable and easy set of demonstrations.
- Andreea Olah (May 15, 2022)
Best introductory course I had, full of tips and tricks. I might add that it added some novelty information, even for an advanced user. Thank you for being clear and specific!
- Liam Jones (May 13, 2022)
Very exhausting watching both the presenter arguing constantly, please stick to one person presenting!
- – Thank you Liam. Introducing DAX is an older course, and feedback like this has encouraged us to present differently in our more recent video courses.
Reply by Claire Costa (May 16, 2022)
- – Thank you Liam. Introducing DAX is an older course, and feedback like this has encouraged us to present differently in our more recent video courses. Claire
- H. van den Hoff (May 10, 2022)
Only one day of your time to understand the basics of DAX will give many days of great data analysis in return. Thanks for the course! A very useful time investment!
- Bhumika C G (May 10, 2022)
I am a beginner of Dax language and followed this introduction course. Thanks for making this course for free and providing the certificate. Thank you again, Alberto Ferrari and Marco Russo for such an informative course.
- Aniket Raut (May 8, 2022)
Very Nicely explained the basics important functions in DAX
- jang sunbi (May 8, 2022)
- Jasper Changco (May 7, 2022)
I've learned here more than all the YouTube & other video tutorials I've watched. Thank you SQLBI for having this course available.
- Anurag tikku (May 6, 2022)
Nice and Informative.
- Anurag tikku (May 5, 2022)
Nice and Informative.