Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Shreehari M (Jun 13, 2021)
- Adel Sassi (Jun 11, 2021)
An amazing introduction course! Thanks a lot for sharing your expertise and your passion for teaching!
- Suparna Hazra (Jun 11, 2021)
Very nice context
- Craig March (Jun 10, 2021)
- Augusto Barragan (Jun 7, 2021)
- Lucas Leal (Jun 5, 2021)
That's probably the best explanation about filter and row context available
- miguel angel ignacio molina garcia (Jun 4, 2021)
this a great course. it have a necessary contents to learn a dax language.
- joshi jyotsna (Jun 3, 2021)
Its a amazing course. Thanks for making DAX easy
- William Blue (Jun 2, 2021)
Excellent overview of the basics of DAX and sets the foundation to move on to more advanced DAX concepts.
- Robert Stewart (Jun 1, 2021)
Excellent introduction and review of the basics (and more!) of DAX. Thank you for making this course available. I have encouraged all my colleagues who are new to Power BI to begin with this course to start their journey.
- Leandro Ruiz (Jun 1, 2021)
- Rushda Mansuri (Jun 1, 2021)
Thank you very much for this course. It helped create base for my future Power BI journey. The way you taught the course was very good and refreshing. It made me want to learn more and more. Thank you again :)
- Elizaveta Kolpakova (May 29, 2021)
Thank you so much for this clear lesson!
- Red Roma (May 28, 2021)
Great course , clear explanation . It was very interesting . Thank You very much . Red
- Martin Littleboy (May 28, 2021)
What an amazingly straightforward and insightful set of videos! Really helped with my understanding of the fundamental basics of DAX, and encourages me to do more!