Introducing DAX Video Course
This is an introductory video course about the DAX language. DAX is the native language of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, and at Analysis Services developers that want to move the first steps with DAX.
The goal is to teach the DAX language using Power BI for all the examples. You can download the initial Power BI Desktop file used in the demos and repeat all the steps shown in the videos. The same concepts can be used also on Power Pivot and on Analysis Services Tabular. The course is made of 150 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at anytime and the system will keep track of your advances. Within the course you can download the slides and the initial Power BI file used in the demos.
Presentation of Introducing DAX
- Presentation of Introducing DAX Video Course
Slides and examples
- How to download and use the examples
Introduction to DAX
- Introduction to DAX
- What is DAX?
- Calculated Columns
- Aggregation Functions
- Using Variables
- Table Functions
- Calculated Tables
- Filtering a Table
- Removing Filters
- Mixing Filters
- Evaluation Contexts
- What is an Evaluation Context?
- Example of a Filter Context
- Row Context
- There are Always Two Contexts
- What is CALCULATE?
- Filters are Tables
Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Filters and Relationships
- Row Context - Many Tables
- Filter Context - Many Tables
- Context Transition
Time Intelligence in DAX
- Time Intelligence in DAX
- Date Table
- What is Time Intelligence?
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Oleksandr Petelvyi (Jul 18, 2017)
It is excellent course! Thanks a lot!
- Kevin Hankins (Jul 17, 2017)
This is fantastic, thank you very much.
- Neale Blackwood (Jul 17, 2017)
Great course! The explanations were all well presented and understandable - well done!
- Paulo Rocha (Jul 15, 2017)
Amazing course provided for free. I already did the Mastering DAX Workshop and it was refreshing seeing a summary of the most important topics in DAX. Thanks Marco and Alberto for leading the way into BI Excellence!
- Robert Jansen (Jul 13, 2017)
Great! I think for beginners it is still a lot to understand. Only with a lot of practice you can master it.
- David Linnemann (Jul 12, 2017)
This was a great intro to give you an understanding if the Mastering DAX course is for you.
- Émerson Corrêa (Jul 12, 2017)
Excellent introduction course. Can’t wait to start the full one!
- Gene Konov (Jul 10, 2017)
Fantastic job guys, thanks a lot!
- Beng Hwa Chan (Jul 9, 2017)
An excellent introduction to DAX course that is useful not only for beginners but also for some at the intermediate level. Helped to bridge gaps in the understanding DAX.
- Juergen Fassbender (Jul 6, 2017)
What a clear and good to understand introduction to DAX. Thank you!
- Hongyuan Lin (Jun 29, 2017)
Excellent Course for DAX beginners. Look forward to additional courses!
- James Tallman (Jun 29, 2017)
Awesome introduction. Gives you a good round exposure for different functions to entice you to go play with your models.
- LOGAN MERAZZI (Jun 28, 2017)
It's the best DAX course I've ever made. Pretty much detailed and very mind opening. Thank you all and congrats!!! Keep up the good work!
- Tim Stacy (Jun 25, 2017)
I am only half way through and absolutely love the video. I very much appreciate the back and fourth dialog, which keeps my interest...not to mention for the entertainment value. Great team work! Tim:)
- Yusuf Hamzah (Jun 25, 2017)