Power Pivot Recorded Video Course
Learn to master Power Pivot for Excel from your chair with our high quality video course.
The Beginner course introduces Power Pivot to any user who knows Excel and want to create reports with more complex and large data structures than a single table made by few thousand rows.
The Intermediate course improves your skills on Power Pivot for Excel, introducing you to the DAX language and important features such as CALCULATE and Time Intelligence functions.
The Advanced course enables you to master Power Pivot for Excel. You will understand DAX in depth, which is required for writing complex calculations. You will also learn how to create complex reports and data models by leveraging advanced features of both Excel and Power Pivot.
Power Pivot is available in both Excel 2010 and Excel 2013, and it is the center of Power BI, the Microsoft offer for self-service analytics. You do not need any previous experience in Power Pivot to take this course.
The complete course includes almost 10 hours of video divided in 73 lectures.
Power Pivot Workshop Live
Power Pivot Workshop is an intensive course that enable Excel users to master Power Pivot.
Attending this course you will learn how to create a data model in Power Pivot, how to import data, create relationships, use PivotTable and Power View to navigate data, how to create both simple and more advanced calculations in DAX.
Our trainers will assist you during hands-on-labs, helping you creating your first Power Pivot models and reports.
- Introduction to Power Pivot and Data Models in Excel 2013
- Data loading techniques with different sources: OLTP, DWH, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access and others
- Data Modeling basics for building Power Pivot data models
- Calendar computation and data modeling best practices
- SharePoint integration
- Creating Power View reports
- Shaping Reports
- Evaluation Contexts and CALCULATE (FULL live edition)
- Using DAX as a Query Language (FULL live edition)
- Advanced DAX techniques (FULL live edition)
- DAX Patterns (FULL live edition)
FULL edition specific contents are in bold.
All other contents are in common with the BASIC live edition.
This course is intended for both Excel 2010 and Excel 2013 users.
PowerView is a feature available only in Excel 2013.
» Course outline (PDF)