DAX Tools Video Course
The DAX Tools video course teaches how to use three popular tools to write and optimize DAX: DAX Studio, VertiPaq Analyzer, and Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop. All these tools are free and open-source.
DAX Studio allows you to write DAX queries and test your DAX measures in an environment where you can check the results and measure performance. You can also use DAX Studio to export data in different formats. VertiPaq Analyzer requires DAX Studio to export statistics and metadata about a data model that you can investigate in more detail using the dedicated tool. You can investigate in compression and get documentation about all the DAX expressions used in a model using VertiPaq Analyzer.
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop makes it very handy to test your Power BI model using an Excel PivotTable without having to publish the model to the Power BI service. During the development of new DAX formulas, this tool shortens the waiting time and increases your productivity.
The course is made of 129 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your progress. Within the course, you can download the files used in the demos.
- DAX Studio
- Introduction to DAX Studio
- The metadata panel
- The ribbon
- Running a query
- Output of a query
- Query builder
- Format DAX
- Editing tools
- Load Performance Analyzer data
- Capturing queries executed on a server
- Query plan and server timings
- Run benchmark
- View, import, export metrics
- Export data
- SQL Profiler and Analyze in Excel
- VertiPaq Analyzer
- Introduction to VertiPaq Analyzer
- Load VPAX files
- The Tables page
- The Columns page
- The Partitions page
- The User Hierarchies page
- The Relationships page
- The Compression page
- The Columns Data Types page
- The Encoding page
- The DAX Expressions page
- A real data demo
- VertiPaq Analyzer vs. DAX Studio
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Introduction to Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Trace MDX queries
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Mark Beaven (Mar 4, 2021)
These are the best DAX training videos out there. I really appreciate all the free content, which only makes me more interested in the paid content. Keep up the great work guys!
- Samuel Manseau (Feb 24, 2021)
Amazing ! It's like sitting on a rocket, I learned a lot of things, explained so clearly that I will be able to use them from now on ! Thanks and Congratulations for this tremendous job !
- Erica Wehrmeyer (Feb 21, 2021)
Such great content and explanations. Thanks Alberto and Marco!
- Mario Pelosin (Feb 13, 2021)
very good and helpfull
- Dragoljub Radovic (Feb 11, 2021)
- Darryl Morgan (Feb 9, 2021)
By Far The Best Training I've Had Using These Analytic Tools,Full Of Great Information/Demos And Explanations..Thank You Alberto and Marco
- jhampier tapia (Feb 7, 2021)
- Paulo Rocha (Feb 6, 2021)
Thanks again Maestros Marcos and Alberto for providing such an excellent course, for free. SQLBI is the most important contributor for the Power BI and DAX Community.
- Miguel Angel Medina (Feb 3, 2021)
Very good course, and the explanation is very easy to understand
- Kataka Arnold (Jan 18, 2021)
Thank you very much for the course, I've gained a lot of insights on all the tools used with DAX and I'll be practicing with the skills I've learned.
- Mr A Lockett (Jan 17, 2021)
A very useful review of these three handy tools. Many thanks for making this available!
- Abdelkader Gharbi (Jan 16, 2021)
the best quality for learning !
- Abdelkader Gharbi (Jan 12, 2021)
as usual great learning series from great experts thanks a lot
- Ruslan Muradymov (Jan 10, 2021)
Супер вводный курс для старта! Спасибо!
- Franz Scheller (Jan 8, 2021)
Thank You Guys!