DAX Tools Video Course
The DAX Tools video course teaches how to use three popular tools to write and optimize DAX: DAX Studio, VertiPaq Analyzer, and Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop. All these tools are free and open-source.
DAX Studio allows you to write DAX queries and test your DAX measures in an environment where you can check the results and measure performance. You can also use DAX Studio to export data in different formats. VertiPaq Analyzer requires DAX Studio to export statistics and metadata about a data model that you can investigate in more detail using the dedicated tool. You can investigate in compression and get documentation about all the DAX expressions used in a model using VertiPaq Analyzer.
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop makes it very handy to test your Power BI model using an Excel PivotTable without having to publish the model to the Power BI service. During the development of new DAX formulas, this tool shortens the waiting time and increases your productivity.
The course is made of 129 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your progress. Within the course, you can download the files used in the demos.
- DAX Studio
- Introduction to DAX Studio
- The metadata panel
- The ribbon
- Running a query
- Output of a query
- Query builder
- Format DAX
- Editing tools
- Load Performance Analyzer data
- Capturing queries executed on a server
- Query plan and server timings
- Run benchmark
- View, import, export metrics
- Export data
- SQL Profiler and Analyze in Excel
- VertiPaq Analyzer
- Introduction to VertiPaq Analyzer
- Load VPAX files
- The Tables page
- The Columns page
- The Partitions page
- The User Hierarchies page
- The Relationships page
- The Compression page
- The Columns Data Types page
- The Encoding page
- The DAX Expressions page
- A real data demo
- VertiPaq Analyzer vs. DAX Studio
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Introduction to Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Trace MDX queries
- Sergie Motiev (Feb 1, 2023)
Been a long time YouTube viewer. Coming here made me again realize how stunningly awesome are the essence, the structure and the style of SQLBI team’s classes. The way Alberto and Marco present data is a magic that makes me want to learn more, even when I listen to things I might think I know quite good. Many thanks.
- Vaibhav Singh (Jan 27, 2023)
- Annika Kotilainen (Jan 26, 2023)
Excellent collection of all the necessary tools on how to start optimizing your dax and your models. Looking forward to performance tuning after learning these skills.
- Steve Little (Jan 24, 2023)
Great info - also excellent formatting of the training module. Love it!
- Dajana Skutela (Jan 19, 2023)
Short, concise, and to the point.
- Surya prakash kumar (Jan 11, 2023)
It is very good course . Got all basic options and its use of Dax Studio.
- Aviral Bansal (Dec 9, 2022)
Great training. Would suggest for anybody working on Power BI.
- Luca Spreafico (Nov 13, 2022)
Thank you for this free course. It is worth so much learning from you.
- Slawomir Gorski (Oct 26, 2022)
- Tushar Kumar (Oct 24, 2022)
- Robson Passos (Sep 18, 2022)
Gostei muito das explanações iniciais, que me deram muitos informações valiosas
- Craig Rotzien (Sep 6, 2022)
- Juan Pablo Reyes Villaveces (Aug 18, 2022)
Great video tool
- Goran Bencek (Aug 10, 2022)
- Sivarama Krishnan Subbiah (Aug 7, 2022)
Thank you. Its very nice course to understand the DAX studio. Its would be really helpfull.