DAX Tools Video Course
The DAX Tools video course teaches how to use three popular tools to write and optimize DAX: DAX Studio, VertiPaq Analyzer, and Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop. All these tools are free and open-source.
DAX Studio allows you to write DAX queries and test your DAX measures in an environment where you can check the results and measure performance. You can also use DAX Studio to export data in different formats. VertiPaq Analyzer requires DAX Studio to export statistics and metadata about a data model that you can investigate in more detail using the dedicated tool. You can investigate in compression and get documentation about all the DAX expressions used in a model using VertiPaq Analyzer.
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop makes it very handy to test your Power BI model using an Excel PivotTable without having to publish the model to the Power BI service. During the development of new DAX formulas, this tool shortens the waiting time and increases your productivity.
The course is made of 129 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your progress. Within the course, you can download the files used in the demos.
- DAX Studio
- Introduction to DAX Studio
- The metadata panel
- The ribbon
- Running a query
- Output of a query
- Query builder
- Format DAX
- Editing tools
- Load Performance Analyzer data
- Capturing queries executed on a server
- Query plan and server timings
- Run benchmark
- View, import, export metrics
- Export data
- SQL Profiler and Analyze in Excel
- VertiPaq Analyzer
- Introduction to VertiPaq Analyzer
- Load VPAX files
- The Tables page
- The Columns page
- The Partitions page
- The User Hierarchies page
- The Relationships page
- The Compression page
- The Columns Data Types page
- The Encoding page
- The DAX Expressions page
- A real data demo
- VertiPaq Analyzer vs. DAX Studio
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Introduction to Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Trace MDX queries
- ibrahim ethem Koyas (Sep 14, 2023)
it is great! every single detail clearly undertood. I will attend other courses as well.
- Dmirty Roslik (Jul 30, 2023)
- Luan dos santos Rodrigues (Jul 27, 2023)
- Tamir Basin (Jul 22, 2023)
Thank you very much for the enriching and well-served course. A true delight to listen to you and learn so much. Much appreciated, Tamir Basin
- David Souza Pimentel (Jul 17, 2023)
- AADIL SHARMA (Jul 6, 2023)
good but need more explanation
- Kristina Meadows (Jul 4, 2023)
This DAX Tools Video Couse was a great way to learn about DAX Studio, VertiPaq Analyzer and Analyze in Excel and understand all the limitations and differences. I would 100% recommend to Power BI Developers.
- William Tan (Jun 26, 2023)
Very clear explanations for various DAX Tools!
- Ernesto Jiménez Borrego (Jun 1, 2023)
Very precise content from an introductory point.
- Emerson Giraldo (May 26, 2023)
Excelente curso!!!! Muchas gracias!!!!
- Barbara Santos (May 1, 2023)
There is a limit/size to be loaded as Analyze in Excel to larger data model _? What is the limit ?
- Tad Carter (Apr 28, 2023)
I loved the short course, it was very informative and useful. The only thing I would change is it would have been nice to get a link to the OLAP Pivot Table extension in the initial instructions since this is one of the tools you are demonstrating.
- Maciej Gidrewicz (Apr 27, 2023)
- Bernard Abdias (Apr 1, 2023)
Just amazed how SQLBI is helping my progress in DAX and PowerBI
- Usman Ahmed (Mar 25, 2023)
A very informative course for me to get familiar with the DAX Studio, Vertipaq Analyzer and Analyze in Excel.