DAX Tools Video Course
The DAX Tools video course teaches how to use three popular tools to write and optimize DAX: DAX Studio, VertiPaq Analyzer, and Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop. All these tools are free and open-source.
DAX Studio allows you to write DAX queries and test your DAX measures in an environment where you can check the results and measure performance. You can also use DAX Studio to export data in different formats. VertiPaq Analyzer requires DAX Studio to export statistics and metadata about a data model that you can investigate in more detail using the dedicated tool. You can investigate in compression and get documentation about all the DAX expressions used in a model using VertiPaq Analyzer.
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop makes it very handy to test your Power BI model using an Excel PivotTable without having to publish the model to the Power BI service. During the development of new DAX formulas, this tool shortens the waiting time and increases your productivity.
The course is made of 129 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your progress. Within the course, you can download the files used in the demos.
- DAX Studio
- Introduction to DAX Studio
- The metadata panel
- The ribbon
- Running a query
- Output of a query
- Query builder
- Format DAX
- Editing tools
- Load Performance Analyzer data
- Capturing queries executed on a server
- Query plan and server timings
- Run benchmark
- View, import, export metrics
- Export data
- SQL Profiler and Analyze in Excel
- VertiPaq Analyzer
- Introduction to VertiPaq Analyzer
- Load VPAX files
- The Tables page
- The Columns page
- The Partitions page
- The User Hierarchies page
- The Relationships page
- The Compression page
- The Columns Data Types page
- The Encoding page
- The DAX Expressions page
- A real data demo
- VertiPaq Analyzer vs. DAX Studio
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Introduction to Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Trace MDX queries
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Abdelkader Gharbi (Jan 16, 2021)
the best quality for learning !
- Abdelkader Gharbi (Jan 12, 2021)
as usual great learning series from great experts thanks a lot
- Ruslan Muradymov (Jan 10, 2021)
Супер вводный курс для старта! Спасибо!
- Franz Scheller (Jan 8, 2021)
Thank You Guys!
- Rigoberto Garcia (Jan 6, 2021)
Excellent video course. There is a perfect and wonderful integration of the instructor between the theory and the practical part. These tools open up a world of possibilities and make it easy to use Power BI Desktop and create better models. Thank you very much for this video course and for sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Enmanuel López (Jan 6, 2021)
¡Excellent this course. I've learned a lot about it. Thanks so much!
- steven foster (Jan 4, 2021)
Good course. I wish Tabular editor was covered though.
- Alejandro Ruano (Jan 4, 2021)
A simple way to learn new tools for Power BI
- Deepak Rajan (Jan 3, 2021)
Found this course really helpful as it covers Dax Studio, Vertipaq and Analyze in Excel in a very clear manner.
- Igor Poleshchuk (Jan 3, 2021)
Thank you so much! A really useful course for every DAX developer!
- MOHAMMED SALEM MAROUF (Jan 2, 2021)
- Gajanand Tiwari (Jan 2, 2021)
- Vicencio Merida (Jan 1, 2021)
- MICHEL P LOUIS (Dec 31, 2020)
It is a great short course! Thanks a lot. Are you guys planning to make the same type of course regarding to DAX tools in a longer and paid format? This will be even better. Thanks again
- Alana Esty (Dec 30, 2020)
Thank you for this information, greatly appreciated!