DAX Tools Video Course
The DAX Tools video course teaches how to use three popular tools to write and optimize DAX: DAX Studio, VertiPaq Analyzer, and Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop. All these tools are free and open-source.
DAX Studio allows you to write DAX queries and test your DAX measures in an environment where you can check the results and measure performance. You can also use DAX Studio to export data in different formats. VertiPaq Analyzer requires DAX Studio to export statistics and metadata about a data model that you can investigate in more detail using the dedicated tool. You can investigate in compression and get documentation about all the DAX expressions used in a model using VertiPaq Analyzer.
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop makes it very handy to test your Power BI model using an Excel PivotTable without having to publish the model to the Power BI service. During the development of new DAX formulas, this tool shortens the waiting time and increases your productivity.
The course is made of 129 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your progress. Within the course, you can download the files used in the demos.
- DAX Studio
- Introduction to DAX Studio
- The metadata panel
- The ribbon
- Running a query
- Output of a query
- Query builder
- Format DAX
- Editing tools
- Load Performance Analyzer data
- Capturing queries executed on a server
- Query plan and server timings
- Run benchmark
- View, import, export metrics
- Export data
- SQL Profiler and Analyze in Excel
- VertiPaq Analyzer
- Introduction to VertiPaq Analyzer
- Load VPAX files
- The Tables page
- The Columns page
- The Partitions page
- The User Hierarchies page
- The Relationships page
- The Compression page
- The Columns Data Types page
- The Encoding page
- The DAX Expressions page
- A real data demo
- VertiPaq Analyzer vs. DAX Studio
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Introduction to Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Trace MDX queries
- Luca Spreafico (Nov 13, 2022)
Thank you for this free course. It is worth so much learning from you.
- Slawomir Gorski (Oct 26, 2022)
- Tushar Kumar (Oct 24, 2022)
- Robson Passos (Sep 18, 2022)
Gostei muito das explanações iniciais, que me deram muitos informações valiosas
- Craig Rotzien (Sep 6, 2022)
- Juan Pablo Reyes Villaveces (Aug 18, 2022)
Great video tool
- Goran Bencek (Aug 10, 2022)
- Sivarama Krishnan Subbiah (Aug 7, 2022)
Thank you. Its very nice course to understand the DAX studio. Its would be really helpfull.
- Jaime Ortega (Jul 29, 2022)
- Carlos Frederico Coelho Lisboa (Jul 25, 2022)
Excelent! Thanks for this! It was very useful for my job.
- Édio Damasceno Amador (Jul 17, 2022)
- Erivaldo Lopes (Jul 11, 2022)
That's a great training. I could learn all these tools in a structure and simplified
- Dwijen Baruah (Jul 2, 2022)
Nicely Explained. Thanks
- solarson1989usa (Jun 20, 2022)
It is a great course to demo the DAX studio and Vertipaq Analyzer, I am going to practice it for our data models. Thank you so much!
- sushma jaladi (Jun 7, 2022)