DAX Tools Video Course
The DAX Tools video course teaches how to use three popular tools to write and optimize DAX: DAX Studio, VertiPaq Analyzer, and Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop. All these tools are free and open-source.
DAX Studio allows you to write DAX queries and test your DAX measures in an environment where you can check the results and measure performance. You can also use DAX Studio to export data in different formats. VertiPaq Analyzer requires DAX Studio to export statistics and metadata about a data model that you can investigate in more detail using the dedicated tool. You can investigate in compression and get documentation about all the DAX expressions used in a model using VertiPaq Analyzer.
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop makes it very handy to test your Power BI model using an Excel PivotTable without having to publish the model to the Power BI service. During the development of new DAX formulas, this tool shortens the waiting time and increases your productivity.
The course is made of 129 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your progress. Within the course, you can download the files used in the demos.
- DAX Studio
- Introduction to DAX Studio
- The metadata panel
- The ribbon
- Running a query
- Output of a query
- Query builder
- Format DAX
- Editing tools
- Load Performance Analyzer data
- Capturing queries executed on a server
- Query plan and server timings
- Run benchmark
- View, import, export metrics
- Export data
- SQL Profiler and Analyze in Excel
- VertiPaq Analyzer
- Introduction to VertiPaq Analyzer
- Load VPAX files
- The Tables page
- The Columns page
- The Partitions page
- The User Hierarchies page
- The Relationships page
- The Compression page
- The Columns Data Types page
- The Encoding page
- The DAX Expressions page
- A real data demo
- VertiPaq Analyzer vs. DAX Studio
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Introduction to Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Trace MDX queries
- Tomáš Kavický (Sep 8, 2021)
great course that has showed me new possibilities how to improve my power bi developing
- Muhammad Amer Chaudhry (Aug 27, 2021)
It was amazing content and also awesome delivery methodology. I am a regular user of LinkedIn Learning but now I am confidently says your platform is much efficient and providing more valuable stuff. Excellent and please keep going on. Thanks and Regards Muhammad Amer Chaudhry
- Sérgio Santos (Aug 18, 2021)
Excellent overall introduction to the tools. Short, concise but to the point. Congratulations!
- Alexander Andrenko (Aug 17, 2021)
The best course ever. My understanding become more wider.
- Kirankumar Yadav (Aug 11, 2021)
Thank you for Information
- YD Menlibar (Aug 10, 2021)
Marvelous! Multo bene!
- Sherzod Asatullayev (Aug 9, 2021)
Very good Lessons
- Vittorio Vincitori (Jul 25, 2021)
Great and very interesting!
- Richard Lee (Jul 18, 2021)
Great course, very useful. I'm watching this together with the paid-for video courses Mastering DAX, Data Modeling, Optimizing DAX, and Power BI Dashboard Design. I find the presentation in this free course much better. In the paid-for courses they stand in front of a big display screen and block the view so you can't read what's on the screen. The audio has an echo and they talk very loudly, as though they are talking to a big audience, which gets very wearing for the listener over several hours. They frequently interrupt each other. In this free course, I like how Alberto appears in a small window in the corner of the screen. It is much better. The audio is better too.
- Satyavrat Muttreja (Jul 10, 2021)
Very well presented. Useful and informative.
- Balachandra Srinevasalu (Jun 25, 2021)
Very good content for beginners
- Luís Aguiar (Jun 23, 2021)
Very useful and simple to understand. Congratulations!
- Tanay Haritus (Jun 21, 2021)
- Sardys Avile-Martinez (Jun 15, 2021)
Great training! Finally I have gotten around to do it. thank you
- Lucas Leal (Jun 4, 2021)
This is absolutely the best introduction material to DAX-Studio, VertiPaq and Analyze in Excel. Thank you all!