DAX Tools Video Course
The DAX Tools video course teaches how to use three popular tools to write and optimize DAX: DAX Studio, VertiPaq Analyzer, and Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop. All these tools are free and open-source.
DAX Studio allows you to write DAX queries and test your DAX measures in an environment where you can check the results and measure performance. You can also use DAX Studio to export data in different formats. VertiPaq Analyzer requires DAX Studio to export statistics and metadata about a data model that you can investigate in more detail using the dedicated tool. You can investigate in compression and get documentation about all the DAX expressions used in a model using VertiPaq Analyzer.
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop makes it very handy to test your Power BI model using an Excel PivotTable without having to publish the model to the Power BI service. During the development of new DAX formulas, this tool shortens the waiting time and increases your productivity.
The course is made of 129 minutes of lectures. You can watch the videos at any time and the system will keep track of your progress. Within the course, you can download the files used in the demos.
- DAX Studio
- Introduction to DAX Studio
- The metadata panel
- The ribbon
- Running a query
- Output of a query
- Query builder
- Format DAX
- Editing tools
- Load Performance Analyzer data
- Capturing queries executed on a server
- Query plan and server timings
- Run benchmark
- View, import, export metrics
- Export data
- SQL Profiler and Analyze in Excel
- VertiPaq Analyzer
- Introduction to VertiPaq Analyzer
- Load VPAX files
- The Tables page
- The Columns page
- The Partitions page
- The User Hierarchies page
- The Relationships page
- The Compression page
- The Columns Data Types page
- The Encoding page
- The DAX Expressions page
- A real data demo
- VertiPaq Analyzer vs. DAX Studio
Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Introduction to Analyze in Excel for Power BI Desktop
- Trace MDX queries
- Mijalis Alexandros Méndiz Pazos (Jan 20, 2022)
As usual, great content from sqlbi. I'm looking forward to starting the rest of your courses.
- Marcus Demétrio Miranda Andrade (Jan 19, 2022)
- Robert WATKINS (Jan 18, 2022)
Thank you so very much! Really brings home the power of DAX studio. Extremely helpful.
- MANISH MADDESHIYA (Jan 13, 2022)
It was good
- Joe Seroski (Dec 22, 2021)
Excellent overview of the tools to take your Power BI Development to the next level.
- Bruce Chen (Dec 8, 2021)
- Bruce Chen (Dec 8, 2021)
- Jordi Sanchez (Nov 18, 2021)
It is very interesting because this course explains some tools that allow you to analyze complex models, to improve their performance.
- Bruce Bachtell (Nov 9, 2021)
Great course. I picked up a lot of good tips
- Jon Jaussi (Nov 5, 2021)
Enjoyed these introductory courses. Thanks!
- Abdon Chavez (Nov 2, 2021)
- Sirojiddin (Nov 1, 2021)
Awesome course! Really liked explanation
- Nebo Rad (Oct 28, 2021)
Wonderful course...Thank you for sharing high level of knowledge.
- Wahab Ahmad (Oct 19, 2021)
Best Course for Beginners
- Luis Battistella (Oct 13, 2021)
Como siempre excelente!!