DAX Patterns: Standard time-related calculations
These are in-depth video lectures of the Standard time-related calculations pattern.
This pattern shows how to compute time-related calculations, like year-to-date, same period last year, and percentage growth using a standard calendar and relying on standard built-in time intelligence DAX functions. The built-in functions are designed in such a way that they provide the correct result for the most common requirements.
In case your requirements cannot be fulfilled by the built-in functions, or if you have a non-standard calendar, then you should use another pattern. Check the Time-related calculations introduction to figure out what is the right pattern for your scenario.
Students have access to a private discussion area where they can interact with the instructors asking questions related to the lectures and the exercises.
Standard time-related calculations
- About the Standard time-related calculations pattern
- Building a Date table
- Computing period-to-date totals
- Computing period-over-period growth
- Computing period-to-date growth
- Comparing period-to-date with previous full period
- Using moving annual total calculations
- Moving averages
- Filtering other date attributes
This course is conducted through our training platform which is immersive and designed to facilitate your experience.
- Richard White (Dec 21, 2020)
- Doru Imbroane (Sep 18, 2020)
It would be advantageous if you spend little time explaining the functions used (just as a reminder).
- Feng Wang (Sep 17, 2020)
Could we have any files for those lectures? Thanks
- – Hello Feng Wang,
Thank you for your review!
We have created a dedicated page for each pattern on daxpatterns.com with a "downloads" link in the "about this pattern" section on the right hand side. In your case, please visit https://www.daxpatterns.com/standard-time-related-calculations/ to find that link.
Reply by Claire Costa (Sep 18, 2020)
- – Hello Feng Wang, Thank you for your review! We have created a dedicated page for each pattern on daxpatterns.com with a "downloads" link in the "about this pattern" section on the right hand side. In your case, please visit https://www.daxpatterns.com/standard-time-related-calculations/ to find that link.
- David Johnston (Aug 15, 2020)
As always, really great content and explanations.