DAX Patterns: Parent-child hierarchies
These are in-depth video lectures of the Parent-child hierarchies pattern.
Parent-child hierarchies are often used to represent charts of accounts, stores, salespersons and such. Parent-child hierarchies have a peculiar way of storing the hierarchy in the sense that they have a variable depth. In this pattern we show how to use parent-child hierarchies to show budget, actual and forecast values in a report using both a chart of accounts and a geographic hierarchy.
Students have access to a private discussion area where they can interact with the instructors asking questions related to the lectures and the exercises.
- About the Parent-child hierarchies pattern
- Basic parent-child pattern
- Calculations over the hierarchy
- Chart of accounts hierarchy
- Security pattern for a parent-child hierarchy