DAX Patterns: Parameter table
These are in-depth video lectures of the Parameter table pattern.
This pattern is used to create parameters in a report, so that users can interact with slicers and dynamically change the behavior of the report itself. For example, a report can show the top N products by category, letting the users decide through a slicer if they want to see 3, 5, 10 or any other number of best products. The values available for a parameter must be stored in one or more disconnected tables, which do not have a relationship with any other tables of the same model. This chapter includes several examples with the parameter table, but this pattern has an even broader range of application.
- About the Parameter table pattern
- Changing the scale of a measure
- Multiple independent parameters
- Multiple dependent parameters
- Selecting top N products dynamically
- Eamonn Kelly (Dec 8, 2023)
Excellent, In depth explanation of how DAX works, when to use it and why we might want to that particular DAX or pattern given a particular business challenge we are trying to solve. Detailed focused, well built out in logical sequenced steps...Exceptional work! Bloody good job guys!
- Deborah Compton (Jul 20, 2023)
Really well explained.
- Claudio Trombini (Feb 8, 2021)