DAX is the native language of Power Pivot for Excel, Power BI Desktop and SSAS Tabular models in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. The training is aimed at users of Power Pivot for Excel, Power BI Desktop and at Analysis Services developers that want to learn and master the DAX language.
The goal of this 3-day workshop is to teach all the features of the DAX language, providing the knowledge to write formulas for common and advanced business scenarios.
The course includes hands-on labs: you will make practice using your own notebook.
- DAX Basics
- Table Functions
- Evaluation Contexts
- Filter and Row Context
- Evaluation Contexts and Relationships
- Time Intelligence Calculations
- DAX as a Query Language
- Statistical Functions
- Advanced Table Functions
- Advanced Evaluation Context DAX
- Understanding Cross filters
- Internal Materialization
- Calculations over Hierarchies
- Parent/Child Hierarchies
- Advanced Time Intelligence in DAX
- Advanced Relationship Handling
- Physical Relationships
- Virtual Relationships
- Examples of Complex Relationships
The outline may be adjusted on customer request.