Your guide to quickly turn data into results.
Transform your skills, data, and business—and create your own BI solutions using software you already know and love: Microsoft Excel. In this book, two Business Intelligence (BI) experts take you inside PowerPivot functionality for Excel® 2013, with a focus on real-world scenarios, problem-solving, and data modeling. You will learn how to quickly turn mass quantities of data into meaningful information and on-the-job results—no programming required!
- Understand the differences between PowerPivot for Self Service BI and SQL Server Analysis Services for Corporate BI
- Extend your existing data-analysis skills to create your own BI solutions
- Quickly manipulate large data sets, often in millions of rows
- Perform simple-to-sophisticated calculations and what-if analysis
- Create complex reporting systems with data modeling and Data Analysis Expressions
- Share your results effortlessly across your organization using Microsoft SharePoint®
Buy the book
» Download Sample Chapters
Perfect book for the right audienceStudent wrote:
Overall, recommended if you are an excel pro who wants a single source book to learn about PowerPivot, DAX, PowerView, and data modeling in general.» Read more
Prepare to Master PowerPivotOleg Gvozdenko wrote:
The book has both a technical edge of thorough, complex DAX scenarios with explanations of potential errors and why the errors occur, and a more conceptual side, which goes in some depth explaining Data Modeling and thinking in Evaluation Context terms.
It is THE book if you want to master PowerPivot.» Read more